Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 491 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

It was merely a suggestion, not meant as a solution.

TEAMSAINT
Level 7
Message 492 of 1,143

I had no issues for 3 days, then last night I received the shutdown error. Slightly different this time, didn't have time to take a picture of it. Said something like a runtime error with mcsvhost.

I have winxp, sp2, ie6. Everything was fine with 2009 version. This shut down stuff only happened after 2010 update. I have 2 different computers and shutdown error happens to both at different times. I can't figure it out.

I guess most of us are just bummed that everything was fine with 2009, and now we are receiving errors with 2010.

I noticed that I had a restart update and several other updates in the last few days, and I noticed that my computer was reacting slower with respect to pull down menus.

Just keeping you informed.

Nisa51
Level 9
Message 493 of 1,143

I still fail to see why McAfee cannot just roll everyone back to the 2009 programme which had no errors or glitches in it. It worked perfectly well and did the job that we expect from McAfee.

I was perfectly satisfied with the 2009. A roll bck needs to be done, and McAfee need to concentrate on getting this 2010 release "perfect" before every even thinking of releasing any other programme, instead of you using their customers as their "beta Testers" and "Guinneapigs".

Not using you as beta testers that is me Nowhere through 4 mths of testing did this turn up there was a case in week 1 where we got such an error on boot not shutdown and that was fixed asap.

I will ask re 2009 maybe possible maybe not using a particular server.

F@t@lError
Level 7
Message 495 of 1,143

Hi,

I'm recently updated with McAfee Internet Security version 10.0.580 and received the 'McSvHost.exe error on shutdown'.

I'm running XP pro SP3.

I've run the CCleaner program (V2.29.1111), did a register-scan and register clean-up (after backing-up) and the error IS GONE.

CCleaner found a lot of errors in the register regarding McAfee.

Hope this will help !?

exbrit
MVP
Message 496 of 1,143

That's an interesting solution F@t@lError, thanks for posting.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/04/10 11:05:26 EDT AM
Nisa51
Level 9
Message 497 of 1,143

I use CCleaner every week and clean up the registry, Still get the error on shutdown.

gwayles1
Level 7
Message 498 of 1,143

Me too. CCleaner also finds lots of junk that MCPR.exe doesn't find after uninstall of McAfee. AVG also finds viruses that McAfee never found. Fascinating, huh?

Nisa51
Level 9
Message 499 of 1,143

yes thats right the MCPR did not clean up before installing, I used the CCleaner to clean it up before installing.

PCFriend
Level 7
Message 500 of 1,143

I think by now we all can predict what is happening at Mcafee with regards to fixing this problem from our own experiences.

1.This is 100% a mess created by their developers & only they can fix this.But they are not doing it simply because they are well entrenched deep & are not feeling their chiars shaken by the shocks nor they have a professional attitude to take up the challenge & work to fix this issue.

2.The top brass at Mcfaee is busy lllking at their stock values.

3.The peripherals like sales,pr,tech support tier 1,tier 2............tier n form a shock absorbing ring to provide comfort to the developers who simply scare the top brass & others that if they try to fix this 'some thing major might happen'

4.Network team warns of catastrophies if they try to roll back the troubled customers to 2009 until a fix is found.

5.Their finance statistics might be showing that more than 70% of users have just renewed their subscriptions & they can't run away as they lose their money.They are forced to keep using the same with a bit of cursing.

So Mcafee startegy is simple,let some sitting idle developer guy keep trial & error fix finding & let us keep sending them as daily updates & use customers feed back if any of the trail worked.In the meantime let the outer rings keep taking the shocks and keep the customers confused(not convinced).

To be true,if they had pulled up a top guy who is responsible for the developers & demanded from to come out with comitted answers to what caused this mess,what is the fix & exactly when he is going to fix or else his team will face the axe,we would not be discussing this issue even today after 4 months,right.

They have messed up the architecture of the application\coding in such a way that now they can't even isolate this mcsvhost.exe module,disable it so that all other functions keep working, a sort of bypass arrangement or a plan B.

Only way they can help them selves is to put one of the developer guys answerable (with right attitude) into this forum & make him  tell what's his story is???

Otherwise,we all have to,if we want to,wait for them to provide a new version 2010xe(2010 minus some crap + 2009 goodies).Like MS did with regards to vista.

Hope my predictions are right???? Please for no reason start tampering with your operating systems trying to find a fix unless you have a system separately for adventure.

Message was edited by: PCFriend

One thing for sure,by the time this is fixed I will become a good typist till then pl bear with my typos. on 4/29/10 10:44:19 AM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community