Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 481 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

See attachment.

All this files (Mcafee) are open at Shutdown.

I have had this occurence twice since 22.04.2010.

All this open files (Mcafee) has to close before Shutdown.

Maybe, this could be done in different time, so no accurat

value for "WaitToKillAppTimeout" is given.

mmaier

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 482 of 1,143

...then get rid of the developers that caused this, and improve your Qos testing....you're beginning to operate like Microsoft..."hurry up and get it out the door, even if it's broken"

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 483 of 1,143

PC Friend,

Great article putting the spotlight on yet more incompetence from McAfee. Thanks for linking us.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 484 of 1,143

Ok, I have been following this thread for the past week in hopes of something "productive" coming out of it...you see, both my Dell laptop and Dell desktop was working beautifully with Mcafee up until it auto-upgraded itself to version 10...now, I experience the same problem on BOTH machines (i.e. blue screen on shutdown). It is ridiculous to express the suggestions to re-install / uninstall anything with regards to this problem, especially the OS. I don't know how many developers Mcafee employs, but I can tell you it shouldn't take 3 to 4 months to resolve this issue! What I have done is uninstalled Mcafee from my laptop and installed TrendMicro, since that is the machine I use the most, but left Mcafee 10 on my desktop for experimental purposes. All of the EULA b/s and other ridiculous suggestions to ignore the error / try this/ try that / BETA this / BETA that is just plain STUPID, and in no way HELPS anyone...this is Mcafee's problem, and protesting them is what we should be doing. NOT trying to solve this ourselves. And as for Mcafee tech support - oh wow, is all I can say.  Mcafee - hear ME NOW - if you are working around the clock, and it is taking you this long, obviously there's a breakdown in your QoS pipeline! What I did do to remedy the problem on my desktop is to do a system restore, and that brought the 9 version back, which works fine. AND I turned off automatic updates until this issue is fixed!

From what I can tell this problem affects Dell computers more than any other brand...How about contacting the manufacturer and working it out with them????

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 485 of 1,143

Your experience almost duplicates the problems I had with suppor to the lettert.

That is why I REFUSE to ask McAfee support for any help. They know less then the average guy in my opinion.

Good luck getting yours fixed anytime soon.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 486 of 1,143

WOW

I have a Softwared Update and have to restart the computer. Is the one we are looking for to resolve the shutdown error.

Highlighted

I think it was to fix a network communication error that's all.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 488 of 1,143

It says Softward Upgrade to the latest version

Highlighted

It always says that when it asks for a restart.

Level 7
Message 490 of 1,143

As regards to Ex_Brit's comment on previous page:

"just ignore the error"

WHY SHOULD WE ALL "IGNORE" THE ERROR???????

We purchased Mcafee in good faith - and purchased this hoping it will work as it should, NOT near enough. We should not be getting any errors... we didnt buy "Mcafee Internet Security 2010 Complete with errors"

We purchased "Mcafee Internet Security 2010"

Mez

on 27/04/10 17:27:18 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community