Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 401 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

That says McAfee protection does this mean the Internet Security as well?

What says that?   I would assume they are one and the same thing.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 403 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,  yes, this PC has the problem, on the XP installations, but not on the Windows 7 installation.  Perhaps they put code in it that was designed to work with Vista and Windows 7, but has problems with XP.  With my setup, I can check both.

For clarification, on my PC;  mcsvhost gives the error message at shutdown.  This happens no matter whether the printer (USB) is on or off.  It also doesn't make any difference if I am still connected to the internet, or not.  If the last thing that I use on the internet is email with Outlook Express, then when I exit that program it prompts me to disconnect from the internet.  Internet Explorer 6 used to do the same, but despite setting the option in Internet Options, to terminate the connection when it is no longer required, IE7 and IE8 both ignore that instruction.  That's a Microsoft problem, not part of this scenario.

Anyway, with every peripheral turned off and internet disconnected, mcsvhost.exe still causes the error on shutdown in XP.  If I run Task Manager and terminate the process for mcsvhost.exe prior to shutdown, I don't get the error message.

So, yes, this machine is a good candidate to test out your beta version.

Highlighted

We have 1 user installed teh beta so far so good but as this issue doesn't show on all shutdowns we have to wait a couple days to be sure. If you want to try go for it BUt remember uninstall 2010 version via MCPR tool reboot clean up any left over folders and install beta. When you want to uninstall the beta use the beta MCPR tool not the 2010 1 this 1 liked to on your beta login account

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 405 of 1,143

Peacekeeper,

OK, so what's the link to download the beta?

Highlighted

ajmitch wrote:

Peacekeeper,

OK, so what's the link to download the beta?

See:  http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 407 of 1,143

Yes Peacekeeper the Build for Mcafee Security Center is:

Version: 10.0

Build: 10.0.580

Affld: 0

Language: en-us

Last update: 04/18/2010

Highlighted

Hi all,

Please folks read the post 409. It can help you.

Regards

Message was edited by: creature_of_hell on 4/23/10 4:56:22 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 409 of 1,143

I don't want to have to Open Notepad when I shut down my computer. I want McAfee to work trouble free. After all, that is what I paid for.

I want to be able to click on " Shutdown" and have my computer shut down without any errors. Anythinbg else is NOT acceptable

Doing what was suggested is like saying, you must open the right hand front car door before shutting off the engine to keep the engine from backfiring...

simply Silly in my opinion.

Message was edited by: n6wk on 4/23/10 5:00:09 PM CDT
Highlighted

Hi n6wk,

I never said that I had discovered the solution to the problem.
My tip was more to show that the problem seemed simple.
And I thought it would help those who can really solve the problem
And I want to inform you that after the upgrade, never had the error Mcsvhost.exe in the shutdown of the PC.

Excuse me if there was any misunderstanding. You do not need to attack me stone. I just want to help.

Regards

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community