Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinod_r2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 321 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

Can you please run the virtual technicain and post the session id please?

Nisa51
Level 9
Message 322 of 1,143

The scan is scheduled for 6.50 in the morning, I do not usually do anything at that time. If it doesnt start at that time, then there is real big problem with this realease. I fail to see why this should have an effect. The previous version had no problems whatsoever, You Installed it and basically left it and it did a brilliant job. This release is hardwork and more than a nusciance.

And still no fix for this shutdown error. I give it a week and then its uninstalled for good.

ajmitch
Level 7
Message 323 of 1,143

No parental controls on this one. 

As for scheduled scans, this is set to the default McAfee scan schedule of every Friday at 04:00.  Not sure whether this is US time or GMT, but my PC is off until I get home from work in the evening (UK time)  and when I start iup the PC, the scheduled scan starts soon afterwards.  Also, it seems to be downloading updates almost every day.  I have the boxed version of Antivirus Plus 2010, but after comments on here that the box version is just the old version 9 with updates, I decided to re-install using the install from web option.  The error message on shutdown is a nuisance, but it goes away on it's own.  As long as nothing is getting screwed up by shutdown terminating the process, then I've no problem with it.

McAfee was good when the elements were separate items, i.e. separate boxes with Antivirus and Firewall.  They actually worked well.  However, since McAfee followed the same path as Symantec, seemingly ruining their product the same way that Symantec ruined the very good Norton Security products, by trying to combine everything into one package that doesn't work, the single package is a disaster.

Nisa51
Level 9
Message 324 of 1,143

Peecemaker

This method did not work either. Scheduled scan was for 6.50 this morning. I had no programmes running on the pc, left it idle and the scan did not kick in until 7.25!!! I have opened my browser now to tell you this and it is running so so sloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww after 10mins, only 2% done. Error message did not happen last night but I not hopeful it has gone. In fact i know it will return its too predicatable.

This programme does not work.

Nisa51

Peacemaker?? Wonder why so many call me that

This method did not work either. Scheduled scan was 
for 6.50 this morning. I had no programmes running on the pc, left it
idle and the scan did not kick in until 7.25!!! I have opened my browser
now to tell you this and it is running so so
sloooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww after 10mins, only 2% done. Error
message did not happen last night but I not hopeful it has gone. In
fact i know it will return its too predicatable.

Sorry what method was that?  I am unsure what is holding it up but the 10.5 beta improves things a lot but still not being able to disable the "smart" timer option. Re scanning is use minimal resources checked?

I found scanning reasonable fast 40Gb on C drive and 2 1Tb drives with 300Gb on each scanned to 90% in 90 minutes BUT when scanner hits the zipped win 7 backup files things grind to a halt. I reported this direct to the developer and something to improve zip file scanning coming.

gwayles1

The network map works My printer when I turn it on gets detected, my wifes pC is ther BUT bug there where they dissapear when PC is cold booted. Have to refill in trust this PC etc. Bug reported .

Why your network items are not detected I do not know if their Ips are allowed and the network trusted they should be.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/04/10 7:10:24 PM
Nisa51
Level 9
Message 326 of 1,143

Peacemaker

Your post 337 relates to this, to say keep the pc in idle, no programmes running I did this but it still did not work on time. And yes I have Use minimum resources ticked. But I have now disabled the scheduled scan, its too unreliable.

10.5? where is this. Is this an official release mine is version 10.0

Nisa51 You did not get my humour re the wrong nick you used...

Ok understand will test mine tomorrow Ok set it to 7:30 am tomorrow morning (12 hrs time approx)

10.5 is as I said the new beta version that I am trying to get someone to install. I always run the beta as Ex_brit and I also are beta mods.

exbrit
MVP
Message 328 of 1,143

Going back to the original subject....this just in from a McAfee Technician...

Customer gets Mcsvhost.exe error at computer shut down:
This issue has been reported to dev team (bug 530737) and Dev confirms that
this issue should be addressed by the ‘1.01’ fix due mid-April.
Workaround: Turning off the McAfee Network Agent.
Issue seems to be caused by McAfee Network Agent continuing to poll network
during shutdown.  Try stopping and disabling McAfee Network Agent in
services.msc.
Mezzy
Level 7
Message 329 of 1,143

Hi Peter,

Most of us have done that already (stopping mcafee network agent in services.msc.

This does not make a blind bit of difference. Well not on my pc.

If you read up on previous posts, you will see that doing this has already been mentioned to no avail.

Mezzy.

ShawnWallace
Level 7
Message 330 of 1,143

If that's the case then we're looking at more than one problem at shutdown.  The patch that was released recently addresses a crash we saw when Network Agent was shutting down on Windows XP.  As far as I can tell from our crash reporting logs that issue was resolved.  I will continue to investigate the crashes that people are seeing.  Please be patient, you are not being ignored.

Mezzy wrote:

Hi Peter,

Most of us have done that already (stopping mcafee network agent in services.msc.

This does not make a blind bit of difference. Well not on my pc.

If you read up on previous posts, you will see that doing this has already been mentioned to no avail.

Mezzy.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community