Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 331 of 1,143

Re: McSvHost.exe causes error on Shutdown

When was this fix then, I don't havnt noticed anything different, the error was still there, not sure about today yet.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 332 of 1,143

After disconnecting from the internet, opening Task Manager and terminating mcsvhost.exe prevents the error message from appearing.

Slightly off topic, but related in a support kind of way.  ------   My computer dual boots, well triple boots really, with two XP installations.  Main installation on one hard disc, the other installation of XP on a second hard disk that dual boots with Windows 7.  Despite passing the Microsoft compatability test for my hardware, installing Windows 7 failed time after time.  Called Microsoft tech support and had a very helpful guy (he sounded Asian and was working on US time - Eastern Standard Time?) , whatever, he talked me through various tests and suggested things that I try.  He called me back at pre arranged UK times to fit in with my getting home from work and we worked through the problem eventually discovering that the source of all the trouble was my graphics card, (despite the compatability test saying it was OK)  also found a faulty memory stick using Microsoft's memory check program.

The level of support given by this guy was unbelievable, almost falling over himself to help get me up and running.  One happy customer extremely impressed with the level of support.  Now compare that to the customer support from McAfee.....

Message was edited by: ajmitch on 22/04/10 16:00:05 CDT

Message was edited by: ajmitch on 22/04/10 16:03:54 CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 333 of 1,143

I imagine that nothing shows in the Network Defense as a result of having followed the instruction some time ago to disable the Mcafee Network Agent in services. Disabling that item clearly fixed nothing.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 334 of 1,143

Nisa 51,

My feelings exactly. I've had enough. If it isn't fixed by tomorrow, I'm ditching the program too. I live within a few miles of a McAfee location in the U.S. (Beaverton, Oregon to be precise). I tried to call them to discuss this issue and ask why they are selling software that (1) does not work right and (2) they are unable fix when it does not work right. Noteworthy that when you phone them here in Beaverton, Oregon, they have a phone system where you cannot get through to a live person unless you know their ID number to dial in to. If you wait for the so-called "Operator" or press the "0" they say to press in order to reach the Operator, all that happens is that you roll on back to the same message that gets you nowhere. That ought to tell you something about how much they care about their software problems. Either that, or they know they have so many software problems that the last thing they want is to hear from disgruntled customers. So they shuffle us off to forums that can't fix anything and they shuttle us off to technicians in India who can't solve our problems and people whose English we cannot understand.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 335 of 1,143

I'm in the UK so the only option I seem to have is the India connection, and sorry I just cannot understand them. But why did the previous programme work perfectly well, so why does one not??

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 336 of 1,143

I am beginning to Believe that McAfee is the WORST Software company I have ever dealt with.

3rd world Support,  people that don't speak english or NO support.

Don't answer the phones, drag their feet when solving a problem and expect the end users to sort it out.

Why Not just make the program go back to the LAST known working version until they get it sorted out?

My God, How hard could that be?

Shame on McAfee. This has been going on way too long. To make it worse, One division doesn't even now what the other divisions are doing.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 337 of 1,143

No parental controls on my computer, either. Ever.

I have always had trouble with McAfee scanning...SLOW...it says, you may continue to work. Forget it. It stops and then doesn't resume....

Or when I see it has started, I will let it go, and often when I come back, it has stopped along the way. Because my computer went into "sleep" mode after 15 minutes?  My screen savers are flashing by...no running McAfee.....I practically have to sit at the computer while it scans and click a key now and then to make sure it runs. Mostly this is with full scan, not quicker scan.

I didn't get the shutdown error last night, but that doesn't mean anything. When I shutdown for a week, and/or restart during that time, and get no error, I will consider the problem "fixed."

In meantime, holding.

I have to agree about the McAfee Shuttle Help Plan.  Start at McAfee, home country.  Get someone who makes you go through everything you have already tried, to no avail.

Then, maybe, get shifted to someone in another country who gathers data to send back to parent company.

Here, it was only through these forums that I finally got any kind of help for the shutdown error...well...sorry, not helped.

I helped.  No resolution yet.

With Microsoft, I get a case opened immediately and the same person follows through all the way to the end of the problem until it is resolved, and, even then, they will keep case open for couple of weeks, just to be sure.

Actually, it was the Microsoft tech advisor that sent me to this forum once he realized my Windows Update problem was not a windows problem, but a McAfee problem.

Why?

There are so many new competitive software companies coming up with highly rated services....makes one want to jump ship for a number of reasons.

As I said....McAfee should see in their international sales figures, if there is a slide in product sales?????

I don't anyone who uses them anymore, because they have lost patience with the problems and the service.

terri

Message was edited by: tmgrl4 on 4/20/10 3:04:11 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 338 of 1,143

That's another thing. I get McAfee updates throughout the time I have my computer on. Sometimes I am playing "speed" bridge tourneys.

They are against robots. I pay for them. Well there goes the speed...all the cards now start floating to the table in a leisurely fashion.

Supposed to be faster updates with less interference since  the newer platform came out.

Just discouraging.

I am not doing anything more right now, because I simply don't have the energy to deal with it.

It's an annoying error, but there are multiple other issues with McAfee and getting support has always been problematic, like the time I got the phone bill for $200 plus on my regular bill....my call to McAfee support.

terri

Highlighted

They are aware that people aren't happy with this situation.  re: that phone bill, always use the online Chat and if anyone is going to phone anyone let them phone you.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/04/10 5:35:13 EDT PM
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 340 of 1,143

The phone bill thing...that only happened that once. I wouldn't have dared call again....I use only online contact now.

Learned my lesson. The idea was, there was no upfront notification that I was going to be billed an exhorbitant sum for the call, which didn't resolve the problem.  The first half of the call, they made me go through again, all that I had already done.

Anyhow, that's in the past. I think software companies, in general, have become more responsive to the needs of customers re resolution of problems.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community