I am using McAfee Security center 9. The McProxy service is taking huge amount of CPU and Memory in my computer. I have went through some posts here related to this problem and found that McAfee fixed the problem in Securoty CEnter 9... but I am still getting this problem? I am working in a company that they started to use McAfee from 2 years ago and keep on upgrading (it was 7 earlier and now it is Security center 9)
I am providing screen shots of my McAfee version and Memory usage in Task manager
1. I dont use any other security related tools such as Spyware doctor. However, I disabled the McAfee firewall protection and enabled the windows firewall protection. I did this to try to solve the Mcproxy memory usage. I even disabled the network related options in order to get rid of this problem
2. I am using XP, SP2. My PC is in the Lan
3. Most of the time McProxy uses huge amount of Memory and in less time it uses CPU resource too. It was zero CPU usage When I took this pic. However, it suddenly start to grab CPU usage hugely and then stops. I noticed this happens whenever I access something in the network of sometime when I browse internet
3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one! In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming If you can't find these files don't worry. It just means that MCPR has done its job.
4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site. (NOT from any CD that you may have).