cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dem0riel
Level 7

McNASvc.exe: Network/CPU usage

I have recently re-installed Windows Vista (64bit) onto a couple of computers here, and then reinstalled McAfee onto these computers. Everything ran perfectly fine before the format, but this newest install of McAfee IS 2009 is behaving weirdly.

The suite itself is fully functional, however one process (McNASvc.exe) is polling my network every 5 seconds, and every time it polls, any applications that have high CPU usage freeze for a half second or so. Fairly annoying when gaming.

I can alleviate the issue by stopping the McNASvc service, but I don't beleive I should have to do this, as it was running perfectly before my re-installs.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: McNASvc.exe: Network/CPU usage

Perhaps a network cleanup is in order? See: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=232420
0 Kudos
dem0riel
Level 7

Ok, I'll give that a shot tonight when I get home.

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
dem0riel
Level 7

Ok, finally had enough time free to get this done. The Network Cleanup Tool did give me back administrtion over the network, but the weird network polling is still going on.

It's so deep that it even cuts communication with my wireless mouse while it's polling.

Any more ideas I can try? I've been using McAfee products exclusively for over a decade now, and for the first time ever, I'm thinking about having to swap to some other product - something I really do not want to do.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Can't think oif anything offhand. Try contacting the Technical Support Chat line - they are free and open 24/7. Link at top left of this page or in my signature.
0 Kudos