cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlppeace
Level 7

McAgent troubles

Where do I get a patch for this problem? My husband downloaded this thing and now it's just messed everything up. Every malware program I have downloaded has not fixed the issues I am having.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hayton
Level 17

Re: McAgent troubles

Okay, what issues are you having? Let's see if we can help.

0 Kudos
mlppeace
Level 7

McAgent is running on my computer AS Mcafee. I have tried system restore, I have tried removing McAfee software and redownloading it and I have tried to look for a patch that can remove this. I have tried Malwarebytes and ION something or another... Nothing is helping.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

mcagent.exe is the McAfee Security Center. What's the problem?

0 Kudos
mlppeace
Level 7

I don't think you entirely understand that it is running as malware. It's eating my memory and not allowing a real-time scan to take effect.

Message was edited by: mlppeace on 13/05/11 11:15:40 CDT
0 Kudos
mlppeace
Level 7

You know what, this is zero help. I am mean ZERO. McAfee is all well and good to have, untill there's a problem, then suddenly you can't get any help whatsoever. I'm contacting AOL since that's were I get my Security Suite from

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Hi Mlppeace,

• Is this upon starting up your computer?
  • How much RAM do you have?
  • What Operating System?
  • Have you tried running MVT?
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

If mcagent.exe is grabbing all the CPU it may be that your PC is running out of memory or other system resources. If you're relying on the AOL System Requirements table as a guide I think those figures are seriously misleading.

AOL McAfee Help.png

Message was edited by: Hayton on 13/05/11 20:00:29 IST
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Second that I had a test box with specs

Xp xp sp3 612mb ram p4 2.8ghzcpu and it really was slow booting and doing things when mcafee scanning. Upped teh ran to 2gb and it improved heaps.

Also uninstalling should be via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

Just using add/remove can leave bits of old verion.

0 Kudos