cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee says my computer is at risk even though I bought a new subscription.

Hi Newjack,

Greetings....

I have attached the screen capture of actuall antivirus plus of McAfee and fake antivirus alert. McAfee anti virus plus is earlier called as virus scan plus.. so i m positive that tbson150 is reffering to McAfee antivrus plus cos this appears due to account conflict.

tbson150 : The reason why Dinz has asked you to contact tech support may be they would n.t have found  more info with this email .May be you might have registered McAfee under a different email or something.. so if you contact the tech support with the right email that you used to install McAfee and registered email address they can get in to their system enter yore email and check for the machine details and deactivate the older onces

Good luck..

Sorry i was not able to get it fix completely cos sometimes we need the help of customer support tools to fix it  and only McAfee techs have acess for it..

Please try this and let us know how it went.

Regards

Idris

Message was edited by: Dinz on 1/27/11 2:58:13 PM GMT-06:00
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 18

Newjack,

For your information , Antivirus plus is a security package of McAfee as like your security center and Total protection software. So dont panic on the terms even though it might be familiar.

And tbson150,
Please click on Useful links  the top of this page and get in touch with our chat technicians , so that they would help you to correct your subscription details and get this resolved for you.
Dinz
Level 16
Message 13 of 18

Hey tbson150,

I suspect we have an accout merging issue happening here, could you please run McAfee virtual technician from here http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me your session id here so that we could track down your account details that would help us proceed further with this.

my session ID was 30465885

Highlighted
rakesh.p
Level 10
Message 15 of 18

Hi tbson150,

I understand the problem according to what you have said , i am here to sort this out for you.

Please try the following :

>First check if date and time are correct, if not correct change it accordingly. To change it double right click on the time and follow on-screen instructions, apply the settings before closing the window.

>Open McAfee product installed on your computer and update the software.

>Video drivers shouldn't conflict with McAfee software's expiration date or anything else with McAfee.

Please do post back the result, good luck.

Message was edited by: Rakesh P on 1/27/11 11:04:07 AM GMT-06:00

The date on my computer is currently January 27th, 2011 and the time is 12:38, which is correct for my timezone. I checked for updates on the product and it said that everything was up to date. Nothing changed though

Hi Greetings...

As Dinz  there might be some kind of account related issues may be a problem here. we need to deactivate your older machines and guess need to activate new ones. please run MVT and post the session id so that we can trace your account information and  deactivate the older ones also please provide us your computer name along with the session ID.

Computer name can be found by: right clcik on my computer>properties>computer name.

If your not comfortable providing your computer name here you can contact Free email and chat on http://service.mcafee.com/ so that they can resolve it right away.

Regards

Idris

the name of my computer is thedude-PC

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community