cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Level 9

McAfee SecurityCenter Update Issue

Hi,

I ran into the "McAfee cannot update your software. Please check your Internet connection" problem today, which I've seen listed elsewhere on the forums. Thankfully temporarily disabling Access Protection allows McAfee to update normally but it's not particularly convenient. I thought this problem had been patched months ago and have never experienced it until now. I've also been getting the "infinite spinning blue disk" issue others have mentioned.

Here's the current build info:

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version; 14.0

Build: 14.0.4121

Affld: 105

Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware

Version: 18.0

Build: 18.0.4054

Last Update: 19/10/2015

Engine Version: 2410.0

After the update installed I tried manually checking for updates again to see what would happen, Oddly, it just said "You have the latest updates available", so now I can't tell if the error message was a one-off, part of a larger problem or due to the previous build (2409.0) which has now been fixed.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Issue

The 'Spinning Wheel Issue' has been fixed in MSC v14.0.5084/5120.

We keep bringing up the 'Update issue' on our weekly calls, and will do so again today.

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
patrelle
Level 7

I still have the following:

• McAfee Security Center 
  • Version; 14.0
  • Build: 14.0.4121 (since 10/9/15)

According to a telecom with McAfee Tier 2 Tech Support, they are supposedly rolling out a new software version in a few weeks.  If/when that happens, it will be interesting to see if the auto update/spinning wheel issues are resolved.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

If the Version/Build you receive is at the minimum 14.0.5084/5120 you can be self -assured it is indeed patched/fixed.

I am running 14.0.6120 myself, and no issues at all.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
patrelle
Level 7

I was recently updated to Version 14.0.6136 pm 1/6/16.  I was hoping this would fix the 'update' issue.  Yesterday, McAfee updated automatically.  Today, I had to update 'manually'.  The good news is, I did not need to uncheck 'access protection'. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with auto updates.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Generally McAfee Polls for updates every (4) hours. I am running the same MSC Version/Build as you 14.0.6136 and todays Engine Version was a tad later than usual. Around 6:00pm (EST) I was Auto Updated to 2492.0.

Having said that, it could possibly very well have been the case for you as well. Give it a chance to (Auto-Update) tomorrow and see if it functions properly.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
patrelle
Level 7

Thanks for your reply, CD.  I live in California.  I will wait until 4 or 5 pm PST tomorrow to see if auto update occurs.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are quite welcome Let us know tomorrow how it goes.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Keep in mind that there is basically no set time that McAfee will update your 'Engine Version' Having said that in my Geographical location, I normally receive mine early-mid afternoon. Again I was due @ 11:40am (EST) yet next update is due @ 4:15pm(Est).

Could be due to todays 'Update/Patch Tuesday' So take that into consideration

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
patrelle
Level 7

Apparently, McAfee auto updated at 9:30am today.  Also, haven't noticed the constant 'spinning wheel' issue either!  FINALLY!

0 Kudos