cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Security Center Error

My problem ended up being some malware my son let in and he overrode McAfee.  I went to Ask.com  and entered something like "mcafee was turned off and 'my security shield'  turned on".  The search turned up some step by step instructions to walk me through getting rid of the problem.  Seems like a lot of people have had this problem since 8/19. Ironically, the site I ended up using was a community from McAfee - pointed me to the following http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-my-security-shield.

Good luck.

Highlighted

Frustrated,

I ran a scan with the malwarebytes and none of those files appeared so I don't think that is the issue, but thanks for your help.

Dinz,

I will run those updates Friday as I can't take the chance it will screw with my computer. It's running great right now without the security center installed and I need my computer for work tomorrow.

Thanks!

I am experiencing similar problems to Airtuna08. It started about 3 weeks ago and it appeared that everytime I restarted my computer to install McAfee updates I got the Blue Screen of Death. Now it appears to be tied in with "Security updates for Windows 7 for x64 based system" and "Updates for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 for x64 based system". - I cannot install these updates. Now everytime I restart my computer I get the BSOD and have to restart in Safe Mode and restore the computer to the previous day. As an aside my McAfee program appears to have disappeared. I tried to reinstall it but when I restarted my computer to finish the installation I of course got the BSOD and had to restore it to the previous day and therefore lost the download. My BCP codes are the same as Airtuna08 except that BCP4 is FFFFF880014F75D6. Any suggestions?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community