Been trying to update McAfee for the last 1 week (first time, came with Dell XPS).
The update reaches upto some percent like 50, 70.. and then reverts back to like 10%, 20%.
I.E.Update just does't get completed.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that too didn't work.
The same thing happens.
ok before we proceed with steps to try.. one quick questions. are you on a wireless or a dail up connection. If yes could you try connecting it to a Cable or DSL connection or directly to the wireless modem just for the installation part and see if that helps?
I'm using an ADSL currently. Have tried just updating staright for 5-6 hrs, just doesn't happen?
Could it be my network's problme?
Probably could be ageneric network problem or any communication issues with the server. Please get back with the below details and we will proceed on this one accordingly;
What is the operating system installed ?
Any other security software installed in the machine ?
Run MVT from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post us with your session id .
Also, make sure that yor proxy is not enabled in your browser.
Hello here are the answers, hope it helps to figure out what's wrong.
1. Win 7
2. No, only McAfee is installed.
3.Downloaded it like 2 or 3 days ago.
After i run it it says
"McAfee Virtual Technician cannot check your computer
Cannot find McAfee Products on your system. Click here to find the list of supported products.
Session ID will be assigned after scanning "
Last Session ID 30454048 (came when i started the MVT today)
4. Proxy is disabled.
Thanks for your information I gone through the session Id and it seems to be that product is not installed properly in this case we can try two things.
1.We can flush the Network setting and then we can try update McAfee to check whether it's network issue.
Use the following link to Flush DNS
2.We uninstall McAfee completely with Removal tool and we we can try download.
Use the following link to uninstall McAfee : MCPR.exe
Use the following link for Preparing your computer to download and install McAfee
Something weird happened... but i did get the McAfee Updated
1.I carried out step one. It showed no trojans over the network.
But still i manually flushed the DNS just to make sure.
2. I hesitated to remove McAfee again and gave a last update try. It worked. I got it updated to 100%.
(Don't know how...though, it did jump down to 20 % once)
3. Checked it with MVT
Session ID inital : 30500089
Session ID at the end: 30508387
Result : No Problems Found
(That's kinda Stupid for something that didn't detect Any "McAfee" just days ago...don't you think )
Thanks Everyone, for helping.Cheers.
If i still have to worry about something please notify me.
P.S. High techs please look into this problem so that no one else has to face it.
Its quite frustrating! >:[