I'm reading email with just a fire wall. Went to update McAfee as it told me too. Know Ican not download the new one. Been working on this since Thursday night. Been talking to technicians on chat and phones. Been doing evertthing they said to do but still no luck. Any Ideas thanks Bruce-O
We would need to know the following to get a better picture of what's going on:
1. Is there a McAfee icon in the taskbar, if so what shape is it, square or shield?
2. What is your operating system and service pack and are you totally up to date?
3. Whether or not it's your default browser please tell us what version of Internet Explorer is installed (open it and go to Help/About)?
4. What happens when you run the McAfee Virtual Technician?
5. Did you try uninstalling everything, running the MCPR removal tool and installing again from your online account?
6. Has there been any indication that you could have an infection - strange behaviour, popups etc.?