cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mistyblue
Level 7

McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 Won't Activate (Please Help)

I purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 at Walmart, I downloaded it on computer but when I went to put in my activation code it wouldn't take it I put it every number and letter (not at same time) cause it wouldn't take it. My question is --  Is there certain numbers I put in and where do I find them on the box. Some one please help Me .........

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 Won't Activate (Please Help)

Phone customer support it is free for first 30 days if not soon to be longer time.

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

That or chat with them should sort this out.

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Hi mistyblue,

Please find more information on activation for your products here : http://home.mcafee.com/root/productcard.aspx?culture=en-us&affid=0&pkgid=276&cid=51502

Thanks,

0 Kudos
kckid
Level 7

Good luck. i had the same problem on three different machines, 2 using XP and one using 7.  On one the XP machines, I finally got it to activate, then it rebooted and killed off my network access/internet access.  With the 7 machine, I finally gave up and did the live chat.  After about 2 hours, the tech was able to get it working via remote access.  That was in February.  My subscription runs through December 2012.  Guess what message the 7 machine gave today?  I says we need to activate, but won't let us do it.  I've had it with this garbage. Form other posts, they have known about this problem for at least three or four years, but done nothing to fix it.  I ordered Kaspersky today and I'm uninstalling this piece of garbage as soon as it gets here.  I've been using McAfee for more than 15 years, but NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

Moved out of Community Interface Feedback to Home & Home Office, Security Center.

0 Kudos