cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilyency
Level 7

McAfee 2010 Version - Schedule scan doesn't start automatically

Hi All.

I noticed another issue with McAfee 2010 version. The schedule scan doesn't start automatically.

I set schedule scan to 1100 hrs every Saturday but it never started scanning on its own since the new version came into existence. The schedule scan time changes on its own in increments of 5 minutes from 1100 hrs - 1105 hrs to 1110 hrs to115 hrs to 1120hrs and so on and had to be scanned manually.

Looks like McAfee technical team is not looking into these elements through upgraded versions.

Anil Yency

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Kidd
Level 7

Re: McAfee 2010 Version - Schedule scan doesn't start automatically

Hi Anil, I posted about this and other problems on 22 February http://community.mcafee.com/thread/22204. You're the first one to post having the same problem. This version of McAfee seems to be full of bugs!!

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

I have had 2010 installed on my computer for a month and have not had any problems with the schedule. Wonder if you have any spymare or malware that is preventing your scan from functioning as it should. Maybe you should contact technical support chat and see what they have to say.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I would contact Technical Support Chat regarding this.  See link under Useful Links at top of this page.  Meanwhile I will add it to the agenda for our next conference call with McAfee.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/03/10 7:02:57 EST PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Just got news that it is a known issue and they hope for a patch to fix it in April or May.

0 Kudos
hung93
Level 7

No this issue is still not fixed yet.  I still run into the same problems that everyone described:  schedule scan doesn't start; and the start time keeps incrementing by itself.  Another thing is that; in previous version, if the computer is off when the scan is scheduled to start, then it will start as soon as the computer is on; but this does not happen anymore.  I kept thinking because I recently switched to Win 7 64-bit; but it looks like the problem is not platform dependent.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I realise it isn't fixed yet, we are still bugging McAfee about it.

0 Kudos
stmiller
Level 7

I am having this same problem with the auto-update.  The time increases incrementally until I give up and and do a manual update.  Will this problem be resolved as well?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Hopefully soon.

0 Kudos
bigodes
Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm glad I came to this blog, so I don't have to think that I have a problem related to my system and nobody else has.

I got all the problems already mentioned including the no "scheduled updates". This is definitely related to the 2010 version, as I didn't have the problem before.

Another interesting artifact is that, randomly, it will actually perform the tasks as scheduled.

How can Mcafee ignore this annoying issue?

I am seriously entertaining a different security venue at the end of my subscription in late November!

I'm curious; did the problem get resolved for any of you?

Thank you

regards

0 Kudos