cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDOS command line usage

Can someone direct me to a resource for running the various programs from the MSDOS command line and their command line switches? I have a scheduled batch file that runs bi-weekly maintenance on my system, including chkdsk and Acronis True Image backup, and would like to include a virus scan, general cleanup and updating.
Before I got rid of Norton, this has served me well with no user-intervention required.
I've Googled and searched these forums with no hits. Any leads would be appreciated.
I have the AT&T Internet Security Suite.
12 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

RE: MSDOS command line usage

This is the nearest to what you are seeking if using the home products: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=157596

Provided link ends in McAfee error page

Peter,
Thanks for your reply. The links you furnished led me to a dead end as indicated. :confused:I also am being blocked when I open my post and try to reply. I somehow was able to post a reply to my thread by going thru the user control panel. What am I missing?

Now it Works !!!

I'm back to being able to post. I'm clueless.
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 13

RE: Now it Works !!!

We all have our dumb moments, don't worry!:D

Thanks again Peter. The link now gives me the intended document however I'm looking for a solution that is automatic. If I schedule an MSDOS batch file in Windows XP, the problem arises if the name of the virus scan executable changes. I would always be editing my batch file when the program name is updated.
I'm still having a problem replying to my thread even after logging in but going thru my control panel always works.
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 13

It's not possible the way you describe. Re: accessing thread, what browser/version are you using?

Peter, your attention is going to spoil me. :DI logged in and posted this reply within the thread. I'm using Windows XP with Internet Explorer ver. 8 with all current updates.
Thanks again.
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Ah so everything is OK now, except being able to do what you wanted with a DOS command?

Shredder command line usage shrcl.exe

I'd like to find a description for command line arguments for shrcl.exe - shredder application in McAfee VirusScan Plus package.

So far I could only figure out that location to delete is the last argument, so, for example, if I type in command prompt window:
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSHR\ShrCL.exe %windir%\temp\*

I end up having all folders and files from windows' temporary location deleted. However, I'd like to specify number of passes for the shredder application.

Typical usage scenario is to have certain folders wiped out upon dismount of my portable drive. I can achieve it with nncron, the only thing left is to figure out parameters.

Somewhere on the internet i found mentioning of the following:
"c:\program files\mcafee\mshr\ShrCL.EXE" /P7 /q C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp so I guess /p - is the number of passes? Am i right?

Regards.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community