cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chitown
Level 7

MCPR Removal Tool

I had an older McAfee program from another source and then I got the MSN McAfee that is offerered from Qwest and McAfee website used to have a MCPR removal tool to remove all of the McAfee program that could be left behind when you do a uninstall from Add/Remove Programs. This is all very helpful tool if you ever do a system restore to a past date since when you do that some of files are not fully removed and can cause problems with a reinstall of McAfee. My question is what happened to the MCPR McAfee Removal tool. The page comes up but with an error on the page. I know you have to have a removal tool in case people want to change to another AV program. I had to go into my computer and remove all of the McAfee folders before I reinstalled the MSN McAfee version. Please tell me if you have renamed it or where the McAfee Removal Tool can be found. Thank You
0 Kudos
4 Replies
bua_ako
Level 7

RE: MCPR Removal Tool

here is the article for the uninstallation and reinstallation of mcafee... mcpr link is in the document...

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

hope this helps...
0 Kudos
hewer
Level 7

Re: RE: MCPR Removal Tool

We I have a clicked on the MCPR removal tool and it seems that the article was not found..

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

You've picked up an old thread here. I double-checked that document, and clicked on the MCPR link in it, and it downloaded. Want to try again?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Better still go to top of this page open useful links tab it is there.

0 Kudos