cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riddlez
Level 7

Is the 2009 version currently available as a final release?

Globally, including non-English versions ? (I'm in Europe).

(Using Windows XP Home Edition IE 7).

I've read at another forum that the 2009 range has been released globally. (I can provide a link if desired).

If I were to uninstall the current McAfee Virusscan Plus 2008 using the MCPR tool plus carrying out the relevant instructions and attempt to download the product again, will I get the 2009 range ? I'm just asking, I'd prefer not to go through all that if it won't work.

Also, would I get the latest version of the SiteAdvisor ? I understand that there have been a few problems with that, has that (mostly) been resolved for IE 7 ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Is the 2009 version currently available as a final release?

Yes , but only on the US, UK and Australian servers at present, and only as a fresh installation, not as an upgrade, yet.
It will be world-wide pretty soon.
0 Kudos
Riddlez
Level 7

Thank you.

It appears I was misinformed.
0 Kudos
davehorne
Level 10

Ex_Brit, will there be a formal announcement here? Thanks, DH
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I doubt it. I've asked that question already, but our forum backup is pretty absent at present so don't hold your breath!
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

It has started.....
you must start getting upgrades via auto-updates pretty soon.. i guess in a week from now
0 Kudos
davehorne
Level 10

Will SC9 be offered as an automatic update/upgrade from SC8 ... or will I first have to uninstall SC8, use the 'tool' and remove some folders by hand?

Thanks, DH
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

As long as your subscription is paid up it will arrive by auto-update. You should know when it's happening by the length of time the update takes and it asking you to reboot afterwards.

This only applies to direct McAfee subscribers. People who subscribe through their ISP, Comcast or Dell, etc. etc. will have to wait until they decide to make it available, which can take months, something that McAfee has little control over.
0 Kudos
davehorne
Level 10

My computer was initially installed with McAfee by Dell and I renewed it online later. I now go to

http://us.mcafee.com/root/landingpages/affLandPage.asp?affid=101&lpname=13843_a&cid=37738&siteID=qBN... scroll down to Customer Service and then My Account. I assume this is the 'home' download page of McAfee?

It's been so long; since Dell installed McAfee, would I have originally gone to Dell's site?

I assume the upgrade will then come automatically? Just curious. Thanks! DH
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that you deal with McAfee directly now. I don't have access to the accounts side however.

Yes, it will arrive automatically.
0 Kudos