cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyzuvw
Level 7

Is my McAfee Internet Security paid or free?

I bought a notebook from Dell and it came with McAfee Internet Security, how do i know if it's the full version? In Control Panel>Programs it shows its version as 12.8.992 and install date as November 03 , 2014, wich is strange, because I bought my notebook in April.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Is my McAfee Internet Security paid or free?

Moved to Security Center > Discussions - By Moderator

It could be that it simply updated to a Later Version. Simply double click your McAfee Icon in the Lower Task Bar,and click on about, to see your versions/builds and when it actually was updated. As long as it is Green ,all is okay. It seems to be furnished by Dell itself.

I might add that ISP providers/Manufacturers lag behind in their Versions/Updates. For the Latest Version is 13.6, with the Version 14.0 approaching fast.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Community Modrator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Is my McAfee Internet Security paid or free?

The software would be whatever version is available to everyone who bought the particular suite you have, but the license is another story.

Dell machines usually come with 12 months of free security coverage and after that you'd have to buy it annually.  You should check your sales receipt or your product page at Dell''s website.

Alternatively give Customer Service a call (or use the online chat) it's free of charge and linked below.  They will check the account.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
How To Submit A False Detection To McAfee
Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos