cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dingdong
Level 7

Internet Explorer 8 and Total Protection 2009

Is Internet Explorer 8 working perfectly with Total Protection 2009? Now that IE8 has been released finally.

The beta had a lot of problem. It was not allowing the security center to open at all.

Regards,

DD

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
petitchoux
Level 7

ie 8

Yes I too have that same question since Windows is asking me to update to this latest issue. I am nervous to do so though...what are your thoughts? Who else has this same security center and have installed this upgrade?
0 Kudos
dingdong
Level 7

RE: ie 8

Since no one bothered to reply, I tested it myself...........Smiley Wink

It is working perfectly after installation of IE 8, which is coming through Windows update now.

Earlier beta version had conflict with Total Protection.

I am keeping all the built-in security of the browser (fishing filter etc.) disabled, so that McAfee can work perfectly.

Thank You,

DD grin
0 Kudos
secured2k
Level 11

Hello all,

I appologize that you didn't get a response soon. Thank you for taking the time to test IE8 with McAfee TPS 2009 and reporting back.

I want to confirm that on my test systems running 32-bit Windows XP Professional English SP3 and IE8, I have had no issues.
0 Kudos
kgerry
Level 7

since i updated ti IE8 my program constantly says "subscription must be activated" but nothing i do can seem to get it to activate.....
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Not sure what IE8 would do to start that off.

Try removing all McAfee from the computer using the Control Panel
Run this
Reboot
Install via your online account
0 Kudos
cworkman
Level 7

explorer 8

McAfee will work with internet explorer 8 then?
0 Kudos
secured2k
Level 11

RE: explorer 8

Yes .
0 Kudos
cworkman
Level 7

explorer 8

Thank you
0 Kudos