cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybed
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 35

Re: Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

Jump to solution

Im having the issue above after reloading Win 7. I have  run the MCPR, Preinstaller, and uninstalled and reinstalled C++.

What do I need to correct this?

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 35

Re: Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

Jump to solution

If it's Win 7 SP1 and fully updated including IE10, and it still wont install then contact Technical Support via the link under Useful Linkis at the top of this page.

Online live chat is available 24/7.

cybed
Level 7
Message 13 of 35

Jump to solution

I spent 2.5 hours online with Mcafee Tier 1 and 2 Support on 5/19 with no resolution. It appeared that  the T2 just repeated the steps that the T1 had already done.

Im very disappointed.

Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 35

Jump to solution

Then ask Tier 2 to escalate it to a higher level.

Reliable Contributor
Message 15 of 35

Jump to solution

The only other thing I can do is ask support directly to contact you.  But I have no guarantees that it will result in success.  I'll do that anyway.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 35

Jump to solution

I wonder if the cause is this

https://community.mcafee.com/message/279205#279205

ie Microsoft C++ 2010 packages. Have a read of teh thread and try what Karthiks says if applicable.

Other thoughts

I assume you and teh techs ran MCPR was the uninstall successful? Maybe try this after running mcpr a couple of times

Start F8 while the computer restarts and you will find the windows advanced boot options menu.

Select safe mode with networking and hit enter.

Select Administrator login and follow the prompts, you will be at the desktop.

Reinstall the programs from your account page.which might solve the Installation incomplete issue.

cybed
Level 7
Message 17 of 35

Jump to solution

I was so burnt after the 2 + hours ( and the repeated steps). I told tech I needed to leave.

Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 35

Jump to solution

Now that is strange that c++ issue is a known cause of this install issue.

I would ask for t2.5 support really you should not have to jump through all these hoops.

cybed
Level 7
Message 19 of 35

Jump to solution

Would I need to call in or could I do it online? I do support myself (Outlook) , 9-5 EST, so that's not an option.

Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 35

Jump to solution

Chat would be fine have your other SR job numbers handy and ask them to arrange a call at a time suitable to you. Of course Teir 1 will think they can help and you could ask what they know that has not be tried.