cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ma1993
Level 7

I have a serial number for McAfee. Where do I put it?

I have a serial number for McAfee. Where do I put it?
Im ready with the serial number. There is no option to place it anywhere. Please help me. Thanks.
I dont know if this is the right place to put this but I hope its the right place.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
bua_ako
Level 7

Serial number

are you trying to install mcafee?

where did you get the serial number? was it from a CD or from the mcafee website?
0 Kudos
BastiaanR
Level 7

RE: Serial number

The McAfee Home software does not have a serial. You register using your e-mail address.
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

Thanks for the info

Thanks BastiaanR for the information.

Well then i guess the best way to make use of the serial number is to go to us.mcafee.com and log in using the email you registered with the product... and consequently download and install the mcafee from there...
0 Kudos
ma1993
Level 7

RE: Thanks for the info

Well I got it from my internet service provider for free and It send me to the site and from the mcafee site it gave me a serial number. So where do I put it?
0 Kudos
Dennis_Allen
Level 7

so you got it from your ISP (at&t, comcast, etc..)?

if you are using internet explorer for downloading, it will not (usually) ask for the serial number.

as per other browsers, like firefox for example, it will ask for the serial number..Smiley Happy

if you were able to install mcafee without it asking for the serial number, then that's ok..Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ma1993
Level 7

Alright then. Thanks.
0 Kudos