cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjoudega
Level 7

I have a problem activating my product, anyone can help me out?

Hey,

I have McAfee internet security 2009 on a cd for installation on max 3 computers. I installed it on my first one, which was stolen, and now I have installed it on my second one, and now I have 11 days or so left for activation (of which I thought I had done during installation, but anyway). But when I click on "Activate" it says this:

"Activation can't continue.

We're sorry, but we're having trouble activating McAfee products. You can begin using your products now, but you won't receive automatic product updates.

Don't worry, we'll ask you to continue activating your McAfee products once the problem is fixed. For more help with this problem, please contact McAfee Support." (which is a link, but if I click it nothing happens)

So that's about it, I have no clue what to do. I want to activate it, but somehow it won't let me. Maybe it can be done manually?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

0 Kudos
7 Replies
newjack
Level 12

Re: I have a problem activating my product, anyone can help me out?

Try the top of this page.It says Mcafee support.Then click on the area you need.

0 Kudos
tjoudega
Level 7

Yeah you know I've tried all that (Virtual Technician etc.) and the result is always the same. Doesn't anyone know something about this problem? Am I the only one having it?

Message was edited by: tjoudega on 10/4/10 7:57:59 AM CDT
0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Could you please let us the know the following information ;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
Did we have any McAfee programs in this computer before the inital install ?
Do you have any other security software in the computer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
tjoudega
Level 7

Hey Dinesh,

My OS is windows 7, and I haven't had any McAfee programs before the initial install. And no I don't have any other security software installed.

Greetings,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Please follow the below prompts before activating the subscriptions;

Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.
Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.
Type the following text, then press ENTER:

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe /regserver

Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register, or Register Now.
Follow the instructions.

If you still are unable to activate your subscriptions, click on Useful links at the top of this page and contact our technical support chat technicians and they will help you getting this resolved.

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos
tjoudega
Level 7

Thanks for your help man, but it still refuses to activate, still the same error:

"Activation can't continue.

We're sorry, but we're having trouble activating McAfee products. You can begin using your products now, but you won't receive automatic product updates.

Don't worry, we'll ask you to continue activating your McAfee products once the problem is fixed. For more help with this problem, please contact McAfee Support."

I'll search for a solution myself for a while, or I'll take another antivirus program. Either way, thanks for everyone's help.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hello thomas,

Sorry for your frustration, If you are still unable to get your products activated, please click here and get in touch with our technical support chat and they will help you in getting the same resolved.

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos