cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruspers
Level 7

I can't register McAfee Total Protection with Win 7 x64

Hi Everybody, can somebody help me with the registration of my McAfee TP 2010 AV, I have only left with 8 days subscription, and it asks to register the account, but when I try to click on the activate link, the target disappears in few seconds. What is the problem? I have tried to install 2 times no results... Please HELP!!!

- It works fine, updates works! no error..

0 Kudos
11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: I can't register McAfee Total Protection with Win 7 x64

Is this ToPS - Total Protection Service or the consumer (home) version of Total Protection?  From your description I think this post is in the wrong section.  If the latter have you tried right-clicking the taskbar icon and selecting Verify Subscription?

If that doesn't help please give details of how you connect to the internet.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/08/10 7:48:13 EDT AM
0 Kudos
ruspers
Level 7

It is McAfee Total Protection 2010, all updates work fine, but when I click to verify subscription it says "McAfee cannot verify your subscription. If you haven't already, please activate your product now otherwice try again later."

I am trying to activate it, but the window for activation disappears after 2-3 seconds, and it does not ask for information..

What should I do? I have put my CD and it downoaded x64 version AV from Internet.

Please tell me. thanks!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

..I meant to add...

If that doesn't help, run the McAfee Virtual Technician.  Post the ID here if it doesn't help.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

0 Kudos
ruspers
Level 7

I did that right now, virtual support did not find any issues, and the general settings and alerts icon exists but when I click on it, nothing appears.((( any ideas? what should I do?

0 Kudos
ruspers
Level 7

McAfee Virtual Technician says that it can not detect McAfee on my laptop.. please help me out with that..

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It sounds like the interface isn't functioning correctly and that could be because it is corrupted, in which case uninstall, run the MCPR removal tool linked under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot and reinstall from the online account, NOT the CD....

....but try the next step first.

As the interface relies on a properly functioning Internet Explorer.

You are running Windows 7 x64 (as I am) so make sure that Internet Explorer 32-bit is the default browser (do not use the 64-bit version) and open it.  Go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click "Reset" and OK any Apply.  OK any prompts.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-Ons and re-enable the add-ons.

See if it works now.

0 Kudos
ruspers
Level 7

Thanks a lot, it works now with the above help!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

That is very good, I'm glad it helped.   Which one of the above suggestions was the one that fixed it?

0 Kudos