cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nono
Level 7

How to get registered

Ex-Brit, I am trying to register McAfee Internet Security 2009 since I downloaded it, but it is not mentioned in the registration product form I am trying to submit on line. How am I to register it to get it working properly? Last year when I downloaded it, it asked me to register. This year when I downloaded it, it did not ask. From what I understand, I can not get updates until I register the product.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: How to get registered

Not a good idea to post in the wrong area on the thread of someone who is complaining about things to start with, it will only make them more angry so I moved it to the correct area.

The product itself will alert you to register.

Registration is a Customer Service issue and can't be handled here. Click Customer Service at top left of page, second one in and there you can chat or phone them.

See if this document helps in the meanwhile: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=CS40085&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777220&turl=...
0 Kudos
BastiaanR
Level 7

RE: How to get registered

If you log into your account on the McAfee website, and then download and install it, it is automatically registered on your PC - you don't need to do anything.

If you're getting automatic updates (just check the VirusScan DAT version/date to check if you've been getting updates) then you must be registered.
0 Kudos
Nono
Level 7

How to get registered

I uninstalled McAfee, ran MCPR2 removal tool, and then redownloaded McAfee. This time the form came up and I signed up for automatic updating. I am still having minor problems getting virus scan updates to complete. It stops at 85% and then I get a disconnect from McAfee, and it reverts back to downloading at 0% again. It takes about 3 hours to download 85%. Could this be the problem for the disconnect? My Internet connection is still running. I appreciate any suggestions.
0 Kudos