cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you transfer McAfee subscritption between computers?

A laptop which was covered by a McAfee license recently broke and there is no way of turning it on.

Since then we've purchased a new laptop and we want to put the license of the previous laptop on the new one. Is there a way of doing this? The 'main' computer is still fully functional.
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

RE: How do you transfer McAfee subscritption between computers?

Just install it on the new one and re-register when asked. Any problems contact Customer Service linked at top of this page, 2nd from left, or in my signature.

Ideally it should have been uninstalled first from the other machine but that's obviously not possible.

Re: RE: How do you transfer McAfee subscritption between computers?

I have the same problem.  I have 3 licenses, and all are used.  If I install it on the 4th machine, it will let me register it too?  I TRIED to use the chat, but the guy there was working off some support script and it took 10 minutes to get through verifying my home phone (which mcafee doesn't have) and the last 4 numbers of my credit card (again you do not have it).  He was obviously talking to at least 5 other people at the same time, and the turn around was horrible.

When I log into my account, I can see all 3 computers, why can't I just click on one and deactivate it?

Highlighted

well I did register the 4th computer, and now I have (and no way to get rid of any of them)

Subscription Status:About to expire
Expiration Date:4/6/2010
Total Licenses:3 (4 in use; over limit)

Computer NameLicense StatusSoftware Update
PJP
ActiveCurrent
COMPAQ-PC
ActiveCurrent
PJP
ActiveCurrent
JVP-PC
ActiveCurrent

Close

Protect More PCs with {0}

Your subscription to {0} lets you install it on {1} PCs, but you can buy protection for even more. The price for each additional PC you want to protect prorated.

How many more PCs do you want to protect?

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Don't use the Chat line, use the phone line.

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Average contact length: 10 minutes
Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.