cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petrox
Level 7

How do you get to use the customer service chat or email facility without a USA telephone number?

Hello I am a new member of the community. I have joined as I have an 12152 error with my Mcafee program but I cannot begin to get some help from Customer Services 'chat' or 'email' as their program refuses me entry because it cannot recognise a UK telephone number!!  It will not let me chat or send an email even if I  leave the particular field blank. How can the bright boys at McAfee design a help system that only works if you have a USA telephone number. Don't they know that there is a great big world outside the USA? Before you ask, yes, I did select UK as the country where I am based.

Does anyone know how I can email McAfee direct without going through their Customer Services?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do you get to use the customer service chat or email facility without a USA telephone number?

Enter the phone number as 000-xxx-xxxx where 000 is your area code and the balance is your 7 digit phone number and make sure you have the hyphens.  For countries that don't use the standardised N. American 10-digit dialling, work backwards from your actual phone number, as long as its in the above format.

For instance a London number of 020 7777 8888 would be 207-777-8888

Edit: and yes, we've been asking them to put explanatory notes on that page for ages.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/06/10 12:31:40 EDT PM
0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Re: How do you get to use the customer service chat or email facility without a USA telephone number?

You may have some corruption that has occured and may be corrected by uninstalling via Add/Remove programs and rebooting. Then youshould run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MCPR will remove any remaining remnants of McAfee that fail to uninstall from add/remove and reboot again. Log in to your online McAfee account and download your software and see if this cures your issue.

I will attempt to look for the phone number and will post it when I find it.

0 Kudos