cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgashmore
Level 7

How do I restore paid subscription after total HD failure?

Jump to solution

Suffered a disk crash and having to set up a new HD.  I was able to recover all my data but McAfee is gone.  My subscription was just renewed.  How do I reload McAfee Security without loosing my paid subscription?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do I restore paid subscription after total HD failure?

Jump to solution

Just go to your account page https://home.mcafee.com/root/myaccount.aspx and sign in.  The download link is there.  If by any chance it says susbcription in use which could be the case if the old installation just disappeared along with the HD crash, then you should be able to deactivate the old one there and then free up the subscription to download and install again.

If there's a problem phone Customer Service, it's a free call and is linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Just go to your account page https://home.mcafee.com/root/myaccount.aspx and sign in.  The download link is there.  If by any chance it says susbcription in use which could be the case if the old installation just disappeared along with the HD crash, then you should be able to deactivate the old one there and then free up the subscription to download and install again.

If there's a problem phone Customer Service, it's a free call and is linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
wgashmore
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.  That is the correct answer (if everything works right.)  But I couldn't view the details of the subscription.  Had to talk to support and he couldn't do it either and had to deactivate from his end.  Clean now.  Will have to see how the reload goes.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Do you get it through your ISP or computer maker by any chance?  That's usually the reason for the inability to see the full account details.

0 Kudos
wgashmore
Level 7

Jump to solution

No.  I downloaded it but that was several years ago.  It was so long ago that 2 of the machines it was licenced to are dead and burried.  Reload is going good.  Now if I can just get Western Digital to help with a brand new 1TB Black Caviar drive that is dead out of the bag as well as McAfee has.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Good luck.   WD are usually pretty good, I prefer their drives to most others.

0 Kudos