cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riggs
Level 7

How do I install purchased McAfee Total Protection 2013 from CD when the version installed (Total Protection v12.8.310) is about to expire?

How do I install purchased McAfee Total Protection 2013 from CD when the version installed (Total Protection v12.8.310) is about to expire?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do I install purchased McAfee Total Protection 2013 from CD when the version installed (Total Protection v12.8.310) is about to expire?

Uninstall the current one in the normal way  via Programs in Control Panel.  Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.  Then install whatever you want.

0 Kudos
riggs
Level 7

Re: How do I install purchased McAfee Total Protection 2013 from CD when the version installed (Total Protection v12.8.310) is about to expire?

Thanks for yout input, it sounds straight forward.  What happens to my backup files that are stored via McAfee Online Backup which is part of the Total Protection Suite that is being removed?  Will they be retained by the installation of Total Protection 2013?  Please advise.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I thing THIS is the answer, but if not contact Technical Support - it's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

This FAQ is probably what you are looking for, sorry, I wasn't sure which one was the best.

0 Kudos