cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benmillerx
Level 7

GUID_MFE_CONNECT_CALLOUT_V4 error after uninstalling McAfee

Jump to solution

My subscription ran out, so I decided to use an alternative product.  I uninstalled SecurityCenter and all other McAfee software.  After rebooting, I cannot connect to the internet - and I get the Windows Network Diagnostic claiming GUID_MFE_CONNECT_CALLOUT_V4 is the problem.

Many others with similar issues uninstalled and reinstalled, but I can't do that - I don't have any McAfee software to uninstall, nor is it still on the PC to reinstall!

This is a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running Windows Vista Home Basic with SP2.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: GUID_MFE_CONNECT_CALLOUT_V4 error after uninstalling McAfee

Jump to solution

Right-clicking the network icon by the clock and selecting Diagnose and repair does nothing?

If you have access to another machine with Internet  and a flash USB drive click on this Cleanup Tool link and 'Save as' to the stick.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Then transfer it to the desktop of the affected computer and run it, reboot and hopefully the Internet will be back.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/13 4:01:22 EST PM
0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Right-clicking the network icon by the clock and selecting Diagnose and repair does nothing?

If you have access to another machine with Internet  and a flash USB drive click on this Cleanup Tool link and 'Save as' to the stick.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Then transfer it to the desktop of the affected computer and run it, reboot and hopefully the Internet will be back.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/13 4:01:22 EST PM
0 Kudos
benmillerx
Level 7

Jump to solution

Brilliant, thank you.  The diagnose and repair didn't work - only told me the issue - but MCPR did the trick.

You seem to solve a lot of people's problems - thank you.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

That's good.  There must have been a corrupted remnant left behind and the cleanup tool removed it.

0 Kudos
nemba
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem but the MCPR did not fix it at all. There is no trace of any McAfee files anywhere in the computer. Any help?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi nemba

Please look in to the below locations and check if there are any McAfee leftovers

1) C:/Program files

2) C:/Program files (x86)

3) C:/ProgramData

4) C:/Users/USERNAME/Appdata/Local(Roaming)

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
nemba
Level 7

Jump to solution

After deleting many files the problem seemed to root frome the mfehidk.sys sticking around. After researching if it was ok to remove I removed it. The problem was quickly solved. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Glad that you are OK..!

Regards

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos