cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingsp
Level 7

Firewall Immediately Shuts Off After Trojan Removal

I recently found out I was infected with the Win Antivirus 2012 bug and used Malware Bytes and McAfee to remove this and apparently other trojans/malware. Ever since I got rid of some of the bad stuff, my McAfee firewall immediately turns off when I try to turn it on. After the virus removal, I started getting the warning from McAfee that my firewall was off so of course, I tried to turn it back on and about 2 seconds afterwards, it turns back off. I went ahead and removed Malwarebytes, Spyware Doctor and Ad Aware in case they were interfering with McAfee but the same thing happens. I tried restarting the computer as well. I installed McAfee Virtual Technician and it can't fix the problem. This is my session ID: 36828710. I have Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Firewall Immediately Shuts Off After Trojan Removal

You might want to consider trying to uninstall and reinstall your software to see if this resolves the issue. Please refer to this link http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100119 for assistance.

Technical Support is available to help you and you can reach them 24/7 via Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos