cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 241 of 265

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

Who do you get your Mcafee from If subscription I would have expected it to update if a partner they might be throttling the install. I still have not been told anything re a fix being released only 1 was for the file property issue.

rabbit2
Level 7
Message 242 of 265

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

I'm 10 months into a retail version - not a partner / pre-installed. I've allowed 3 previous upgrades (10 Jun, 17 Jul and 19 Jul) all of which resulted in SC 11, giving me a 4- bit screen and some 64001s and 64008s. As I said, today's update has left me at SC 10 which is fine by me as I am no longer running with a red-bannered McAfee. I'm in the UK. It's a pity it's not possible to detect which version is about to be installed so that dodgy ones could be rejected. Or is it possible to detect?

Reliable Contributor
Message 243 of 265

Jump to solution

No it does not I thinks warn you re version.

Dinz
Level 16
Message 244 of 265

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

There is no much activity seen on this thread , with the recent report its indicated that those whoeused to get this error message a pop up by now don’t get it anymore. Could you confirm if you still receive the pop ups regarding the windows file protection error.

rabbit2 wrote:

I'm 10 months into a retail version - not a partner / pre-installed. I've allowed 3 previous upgrades (10 Jun, 17 Jul and 19 Jul) all of which resulted in SC 11, giving me a 4- bit screen and some 64001s and 64008s. As I said, today's update has left me at SC 10 which is fine by me as I am no longer running with a red-bannered McAfee. I'm in the UK. It's a pity it's not possible to detect which version is about to be installed so that dodgy ones could be rejected. Or is it possible to detect?

Could you please let us know if you get your McAfee programs through ISP ??? Else let us know the following details , those should tell us more info,

McAfee Security center version:

Aff id :

Regards,

Greens
Level 9
Message 245 of 265

Jump to solution

Hi Dinz

I'm no longer getting the WFP errors in the event viewer and am able to run SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes scans without the WFP errors as well.  Great!  But when those problems stopped, another problem developed at the same time.  I referenced this in a earlier post.  It happens on start up, every time.

Event 514  mfehidk

"Process **\SVCHOST.exe pid (3424) contained unsigned or corrupted code and was blocked from performing a privileged operation with a McAfee driver.".  The pid number changes but the rest of the message is the same.  So far, everything seems to be working ok but what's going on?

I'm running Windows XP MCE 2002 SP 3 on a Dell XPS 400 computer.  McAfee came preinstalled on my computer several years ago and I've kept it updated. I've kept it updated through automatic renewal and according to my account info on your website it's still via Dell.

Message was edited by: Greens on 10/11/11 1:33:37 PM GMT-05:00

Jump to solution

I have taken a break from using McAfee on my laptop other users in the house are either on Windows 8 or XP (and afraid to update incase it all goes pear shaped again).  I realise that it doesn't help you (McAfee) sort the problem out but losing the use of your computer or taking days to sort it out isn't really an option for me.  My plan was to see if the problem was well and truly solved and ride out the rest of my subscription with McAfee then possibly take my "household" elsewhere.

Regards

Holmesat8

(4 licence holder - McAfee anti virus plus 2x XP SP3, 2x Window8)

Highlighted
rabbit2
Level 7
Message 247 of 265

Jump to solution

Hi Dinz

I've just carried out a manual update and again I've been left at SC10.5.247 with the only change being to the dat file which is now at 6496. Unsurprisingly everything is working fine. See my post 377 for the first time that this happened. My McAfee is retail/subscription. By the way, what is Aff.ID and where is it?

Reliable Contributor
Message 248 of 265

Jump to solution

affid id is found in the security centre details. IE navigation and about centre left of screen.

With it dinz can see who you got your version from.

Jump to solution

There's not much activity here because we're waiting for McAfee to fix the malfunction and report the status. There has been 4 months of pointless activity on this thread, what has McAfee done to fix the problem?

What is this expectation of us to risk our systems further without even having communicated that anything has been done to repair the malfunction?

What has McAfee done to fix the problem?

Reliable Contributor
Message 250 of 265

Jump to solution

Dinz can answer that better but from the above posts there appears to be a feeling that the issue has been fixed by another patch that went through. That is why Dinz is asking the question. as far as i gather no patch has been released aimed at this issue itself.

I assume you are sayng the issue is still there?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/10/11 7:16:22 AM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community