cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googy14
Level 7

Falsley Detecting File as Trojan... Where is the trusted list?

I am Using Mcafee Special Edition from AOL. So I'm not sure which place to post in. Please move if this is incorrect location.

Hello, I'm trying to use a program from a trusted provider but Mcafee falsley identifies it as a trojan. I have to turn off virus protection temportarily to use the program and then turn it back on when I'm done.

I can't find a trusted programs list so it won't detect it as trojan anymore, and it has been causing a major problem.

Please to show how I can put this program as trusted. :confused:

Thank you!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Falsley Detecting File as Trojan... Where is the trusted list?

There's a sticky near the top of this forum dealing with it. See: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=228125

Unfortunately the home products don't as yet, have such an ability.
0 Kudos
Googy14
Level 7

Thank you for response. Is there any way they can release an update and add an option. I'm surpised such a large and overpriced company that deals with large business does not have even the simplest of features - a trusted programs list... -_-

Unfortunately I won't be able to buy a subscription with Mcafee if this isnt fixed and I life Mcafee Smiley Sad

Is it possible that if I send this file to Mcafee using the "Send to Mcafee" option in the Restore -> file section that they can clear it as legit and not a trojan. I have also tried restore but as soon as you turn on Virus Protection it detects it and quarantines it again. Also, what is Avert? Is that the place that reviews the files and adds it to the Mcafee database?
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes it's possible but you wont know it's fixed until you try to restore it after the next update or two.
You can't restore it until you disable VirusScan as shown in that link I gave.

If you submit it and they find it infected, then immediately reply disputing the finding and they will investigate further.
0 Kudos
Googy14
Level 7

Ok, thanks.
0 Kudos