cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCSWCD
Level 7

Does anyone have experience making Firefox and Total Protection 2009 work together?

I was using Firefox 3.0 as my browser when I bought and downloaded a 3-user license for Total Protection. (I am running Windows XP). Firefox simply CRAWLS now - it takes upwards of 7 minutes (I have timed it frequently) to load a page or get a response to a ouse click. Internet Explorer does not have this problem. I have made sure in my McAfee settings that Firefox has complete access to the internet, but that does not seem to make a difference. I have heard that this is due to an exclusive agreement between McAfee and IE, but can that be true? Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
saty
Level 7

Re: Does anyone have experience making Firefox and Total Protection 2009 work together?

Firefox takes a long time (a minute ?) to load the first time I launch it, but after that it isn't bad

But since Scan freezes during a full scan, and never completes, and I have to "Fix" McAfee three or four times a night, perhps that not really "working" together .................

Message was edited by: saty on 12/4/09 11:09 AM
0 Kudos