cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Does anyone have experience making Firefox and Total Protection 2009 work together?

I was using Firefox 3.0 as my browser when I bought and downloaded a 3-user license for Total Protection. (I am running Windows XP). Firefox simply CRAWLS now - it takes upwards of 7 minutes (I have timed it frequently) to load a page or get a response to a ouse click. Internet Explorer does not have this problem. I have made sure in my McAfee settings that Firefox has complete access to the internet, but that does not seem to make a difference. I have heard that this is due to an exclusive agreement between McAfee and IE, but can that be true? Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Does anyone have experience making Firefox and Total Protection 2009 work together?

Firefox takes a long time (a minute ?) to load the first time I launch it, but after that it isn't bad

But since Scan freezes during a full scan, and never completes, and I have to "Fix" McAfee three or four times a night, perhps that not really "working" together .................

Message was edited by: saty on 12/4/09 11:09 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community