cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting McAfee Security Center

I had a problem with my computer - I formatted the HD at least five times before the problem was fixed - I had McAfee on the HD every time I formatted the HD - when I tried to download McAfee to install on the HD, I was told I had too many copies installed and would have to purchase McAfee - I was also told to uninstall McAfee before I formatted and I wouldn't be charged for the copy. How can I uninstall and be sure McAfee knows I've uninstalled a copy for future installition? Thanks -
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Deleting McAfee Security Center

It's physically impossible for anything to remain on the hard drive if you format it so there has to be something else at play here. Other partitions, external drives or whatever?
Or it wasn't really formatted.

The MCPR removal tool will remove all traces of McAfee home products (only) and is linked in my signature.

You have to reboot once it's finished.
KLINK1
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

I used MCPR and it does not remove ALL traces of McAfee. after several reboots, I ran Registry First Aid Search function and it found 102 McAfee entries in the registry.
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

There are certain McAfee elements that can't be removed by MCPR, anything older than 2005 for instance & any of the other McAfee products such as Enterprise or Small Business products.
Also if it, once finished, shows "Cleaning Incomplete" it's best to reboot and re-run it.