cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericghanson
Level 8

Deactivation of McAfee Total Protection for an unexpired active subscription

My wife recently received the McAfee Deactivation notice disabling her computer protection without any warning.  She installed a new 3 user version for 1 year the day before the old version needed to be renewed (85 days ago).  SInce the UNPROTECTED subscription is still active (should be DEACTIVATED after a number of days or automatically deactivated the day the subscription expires). it appears that a check is being made that an expired but not deactivated subscription exits and when it finds the computer with the associated name for the specifed IP address a command is sent to the software that deactivates it.  The check should include to see if the subsciption on the installed software matches any other unexpired subscription for the account and if it does DO NOT DEACTIVATE.  It appears that this problem has existed for years and still has not been addressed.  Can this bug be fixed ASAP??

13 Replies
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Re: Deactivation of McAfee Total Protection for an unexpired active subscription

Hi eric,

Kindly let us know if your McAfee security center says : Deactivates in X days or Subscription expired !!! Also let us know, if you installed your McAfee programs through CD or from online account ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
ericghanson
Level 8

Re: Deactivation of McAfee Total Protection for an unexpired active subscription

The McAfee Security Center says  Active until 8/4/2012.  The current McAfee Total Protection was installed from CD and the original came PREINSTALLED from Dell.

Eric

0 Kudos
ericghanson
Level 8

Now another account with an InActive TRIAL subscription and an ACTIVE subscription expiring 10/5/2012 has been deactivated.  McAfee Security Center originally reported the correct expiration date, but today reported that the subscription had expired.  I spent 1 hour reinstalling the ACTIVE subscription.  This problem has been reported by NUMEROUS people and you have failed to act.  I have now reported this problem to Dell, the FTC and the BBB.

Dinz
Level 16

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here ,  there should be a reason for the product to show expiry notice. Interestingly we have seen cases where Security center shows expired because the computer ‘s date and time would be set wrong . However, if you still have the issue, kindly let us know if you are interested in working with a McAfee expert , so as we could offer a call back and help you fix the issue !!!

Regards,

0 Kudos

I have the same problem sir I keep on reactivating my pc on my unexpired subscription but it still deactivate after 5 days ... XD.. please help me... thanks..

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi satchiko,

Please let us know the below information on your subscription;

What is the subscription in which you have this issue – McAfee Internet Security Suite/McAfee Security Center

How many computers do you have at home?

How many licenses have you obtained and how many of them have been used ?

Regards,

0 Kudos

3-User McAfee Internet Security
Subscription 1

Total Licenses: 3 (2 in use; 1 available

we only have 2 computers at home, I reformat my laptop then install again the mcafee and then..... that's when the problem started.... I keep on reinstalling the mcafee because it get deactivated in 5 days.... I reinstall it 3 times... you can see here:

The first one is my laptop and the second one is my brother's computer the last two was my 2 ties reinstallment of mcafee in my laptop... now my mcafee got deactivate for the 4th times! XD huhuhuhu......  why does it keep on deactivating?

My Computers

Computer NameNicknameLicense StatusIP AddressAction
SATCHIKORI...ActiveView
HP-PC

Click to give a nickname

ActiveView
SATCHIKORI...satchiRemoved-
SATCHIKORI...-Removed-
0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Hi satchiko,

Please click on my user avatar and send me a private message so that we could offer you a call back and fix the issue.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
humebr
Level 7

SAME issue x weeks.  I have tried on seven separate occasions to get McAfee to respond to this issue.  I have spoken to people who can't speak English and offered nothing but empty excuses.  The issue doesn't fit a script, so there is no help to be offered.  After doing much research on financial sites, I finally found a phone number to call in the U.S.  I reached someone in Texas and informed him of the problem.  He tried to be helpful and offered steps that might permanently resolve the issue of McAfee being deactivated.  The fix was not to last, though.  Five days later, McAfee deactivated AGAIN.  I'm getting my money back.  Not only has this software been the biggest hassle I've dealt with--it has also been extremely time-consuming.  McAfee's support has been pathetic, other than the man in Texas.  I will never purchase another McAfee product and I am in the process of getting my money back on this one.  McAfee, if you as a company do not respect me as a customer enough to speak my language and offer a phone number by which problems can get resolved, I don't have any respect for you or a need for your product.  This has been one of the most disgusting customer experiences I have had.  I believe the Total Protection software has glitches that should be admitted to instead of covered up.  Excuses such as stating it doesn't work with Windows XP is simply pushing the problem onto Microsoft.  This is not Microsoft's software or problem.  Own up to it and show some integrity! 

0 Kudos