cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thor
Level 7

Context menu 'scan' opens the Security Center

Hello,

McAfee has an annoying behaviour when I use the Explorer contextual menu to scan files: it opens the Security Center which I absolutely don't need (opens a window I have to close, takes more time... a tad invasive).

A while ago, it was only scanning the files and reporting the status with a checked icon on the right part of the taskbar.

Is that a bug introduced in a recent update? I can't find any option to stop that, nor could I find any relevant topic here. The Configure / Alerts / Informational Alerts options have been tested both on and off, without solving the problem.

Could you please help me out?

Security Center version 9.15, VirusScan version 13.15 and Personal Firewall version 10.15 are installed, on up-to-date Vista Business (32 bits).

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Thor
Level 7

RE: Context menu 'scan' opens the Security Center

*bump*
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thor,

Hi, sorry for the delay...yes, unfortunately that is a new feature and one which I too could do without.

Not sure why it was introduced. I guess to induce someone to do a full scan perhaps.
0 Kudos
Thor
Level 7

Thanks for confirming it's indeed how it's supposed to behave and not some crazy option I overlooked.

I just hope they'll see the light and return to something more user-friendly then.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome. I will pass it on....again.
0 Kudos
Thor
Level 7

How very patient you must be Smiley Happy
Thanks again!
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thanks. It wears thin sometimes....LOL.
0 Kudos