cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starr3882
Level 7

Confused about DAT file updating

Hi all,

I have what is potentially a stupid question. I noticed a couple of times that my DAT files haven't updated in several days, rather than everyday the way I assume they should. But when I try to 'force' the updates (by using the update option), it doesn't always work -- for instance, right now my DAT files updated on 3/28 to 5567. The McAfee website says that the latest DAT file is 5569, released today. So I used the "update" button, but a box popped up in the lower right corner saying "Your programs are up to date".

In my opinion, they aren't up to date -- not if they're 2 files behind. Can somebody help me solve this issue?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Confused about DAT file updating

There was an issue with a corrupted update hence the gap in numbers. Just because 5569 appears on the website as the latest update it isn't necessarily on the servers yet.
It can be quite a while before it is released.

Until it's on the server it will state that it is up to date.
0 Kudos
aditya.us
Level 7

i also have this problem...except i has it with DAT version 5565, and the latest was 5572, and when you say its on the server but not rolled out yet, my other 2 computers have the latest DAT while my one with a bunch of mcafee problems is still using 5565...but since 5565 was 8 days old, i got a yellow warning telling me my virus protection stuff is 8 days old..so i click fix and it magically updates to 5572 8 days late
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I don't know what they are doing at McAfee HQ but the updates seem to be hit and miss lately. I'll bring it up at our next conference call with them.
0 Kudos
aditya.us
Level 7

did you bring this up...it really makes me mad that mcafee would tell me that im up to date but really im not and im 8 days old and then i could always get infected with new virusues
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes, and the answer was that updates sometimes are cancelled and/or may miss a number.

However if you are 8 days out of date then it's for another thread - different issue.
0 Kudos
aditya.us
Level 7

wat issue is this now...my mcafee has about 10 issues
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You need to stick to one thread of your own, not someone else's. If it's that bad contact Technical Support Chat. Posting all over these forums only dilutes the available help resources.
0 Kudos
aditya.us
Level 7

ok thanks anyway
0 Kudos