Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Level 9

Conflicting Update Status Reports

Jump to solution

Hi,

I keep getting the message "You currently have the latest updates available" when checking for updates. At first I assumed the updates were a bit late as they are sometimes, but on checking MVT it displays the following:

MVTLog.jpg

Running the "autofix" option to get it to update doesn't make any difference. I'm wondering if this is an error with MVT or on my side. If it is it's odd as everything else appears to be working normally.

EDIT: Just ran MVT again and am getting weird results. This time it said everything was fine, and displayed a totally different result:

MVTLog2.jpg

Message was edited by: Christina Weston

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Conflicting Update Status Reports

Jump to solution

Your assumption is quite correct. The daily 'Engine Version is running a Tad late today. I still have yesterdays 2411.0 as well. It should update later on to 2412.0. As long as your Security Center is 'Green' and states that 'Your Computer is secure'...all is 'Good'

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Your assumption is quite correct. The daily 'Engine Version is running a Tad late today. I still have yesterdays 2411.0 as well. It should update later on to 2412.0. As long as your Security Center is 'Green' and states that 'Your Computer is secure'...all is 'Good'

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mrshvd3
Level 9

Jump to solution

To Catdaddy and Wixey -- I'm getting the same thing you both are getting, so it must be a late update.

Regards, mrshvd3.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Just checked my Engine Version and was indeed updated to 2412.0.

(Note)  I generally receive my daily Engine Versions early/mid afternoon. However there is no guarantee, as The Anti Virus software polls basically every (4) hrs. On some occasions it could be the next day. Just thought I would add that.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mrshvd3
Level 9

Jump to solution

Good morning to you, too! I was just about to post that "all is well"; I've now got 2412, and my Security Center was updated today as well. My Engine updates usually come in early to mid-afternoon as well; coming in this late hasn't happened in a couple of years, at least as far as mine is concerned. But it's nice to be able to check in here and find that.....We Are Not Alone! Have a good day, and thanks for posting.

mrshvd3

P.S.: How do we mark this issue "Answered" or "Solved"?

0 Kudos
andypoulton
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good day all

Well I had the wizzy wheel for 30 minutes first thing this morning but no update.

So that is still pending.

So popped into the community:-

Now as you have already found out there is no update available yet. Stuck on 2411.

Perhaps it is good news and we are going to get the software update too.

Cheers Andy

0 Kudos
mrshvd3
Level 9

Jump to solution

Wixey -- We are back to normal! -- mrshvd3.

0 Kudos
wixey
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the updates!

Ran an update check about ten minutes ago and at first thought nothing had happened - then realised I was getting the old "There's a problem with your Internet connection" error again. After disabling Access protection, it updated to 2413.0

There was also an Anti-Spam update, which has updated to version 5466. So glad I wasn't the only one experiencing this...

0 Kudos
andypoulton
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had 2142 at lunch time.

Just tried now and got 2143.

So that little flap is over, now wait for Software update.

Cheers Guys..

Andy

0 Kudos