Thanks for your response. For example: I opened my computer and it took 5 minutes for the window to open and load completely. Very frustrating. I also am getting a no response error message at the top of my window. If I click on the page, any page, before it finishes loading, I get the (not responding) message and I just have to wait for it to respond.
Here is the info you have asked for:
1. The number of network drives:(Not sure if your meaning the hard drive or network computers attached to the network): 2 computers connected 1 media device and 1 (other) device....the media and other device are my dishnetwork HD Hopper receivers. My network is wireless so it is showing me everything connected. There are two other computers that are not online atm so they are not showing up on the network. If you are meaning what hardrives I only have the one "C" drive.
2. Free space on drive C: 104GB (it took 4.5 minutes to open up the dropdown menu from right clicking the C drive because of not responding error.)
3. Virtual Memory alotted: 4.00GB
4. Whether Large Compressed files present (Say Outlook Data files .PST)??? Not sure what your asking for here. I clicked the start button and typed outlook data files.pst in the search tab and there was 1 program that came up it was the symbol to outlook (which I dont use). When I click on the program outlook data file selection, I get an error...Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.
Im about to try to contact tech support to see if they can help. Again all of this does not happen when Mcafee is uninstalled.
Thanks again for the help, I hope I can get this fixed soon.
Thanks for the information. Try the below steps and check if it helps..
Open McAfee UI > Real Time Scanning > RTS Settings > Scan these attachments and locations > Uncheck Network Drives
Choose How thorough option > Check "Minimize effect on PC"
In the control panel/system > Advanced System Settings on left pane > Advanced Tab > Click Settings under Performance,Virtual Memory.
Uncheck the checkbox above > Use Custom Settings > Min Value = 1.5 x 4096MB ; Max Value = 3 x 4096MB
Click Set > OK
Restart the machine if Required.
Check if Issue Persist..!
on 19/01/14 3:40:00 PMMessage was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/01/14 3:43:58 PM
I finished the part of minimizing the effect on the pc.
I changed the virtual memory - I hope you meant by 1.5 x 4096 equaling ( 6144) This is what I put in the initial size parameter
3 x 4096 equaling (12288) This is what I put in the maximum size paramet
Restarted it and it is maybe a little better. Things are loading a little bit faster but it is nothing like my computer normally runs. Before I started all of this I totally uninstalled Mcafee with windows program uninstaller and then used the mcafee tool to finish uninstalling whatever was left. This is really turning in to quite the hassle. I have always used Mcafee for the last several years anyway. This computer has never had an issue with this software and nor have any other pc's we own. I really dont understand what is going on.
So in short what you told me has helped out a little bit, but not much as it is still running very slow.
Please post the list of Installed programs on your machine. I suspect McAfee RTS scanning all of the Programs installed causing Slow down.
Try the below and check if it helps.
1. Open "msconfig" utility and check if there are un-necessary programs in start -up ( Start Run dialog > type msconfig > OK > startup tab )
2. Do a disc fragmentation using Windows Disk Defragment ( see how )