cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex314
Level 7

Cannot register new Internet Security 2010

Hello,

I used to have a subscription through my internet provider xs4all.nl. Since I changed providers I bought Internet Security 2010, installed this on one of my machines and entered product key. This key was then apparently linked to the existing account, but I don't have any more the e-mail address belonging to it.

I then de-installed IS 2010 and ran the software removal tool. Installed IS 2010 again, but registration did not succeed. The product key still appeared to be linked to the xs4all account.

I made a new account, tried to link the product key to this account: no success.

I tried to change the e-mail address from xs4all to my current address: no success.

I did that again using an alias to my current e-mail address: no success.

My question is: what can be done now?

As I have two packages of a three licences IS 2010 to install on all of my six machines, I cannot proceed until I know how to solve this issue. The current subscriptions on all of the machines expires today!!

System: Windows XP (build 2600) SP 3

McAfee installed: SecurityCenter V: 9.15 - VirusScan V: 13.3 - Personal Firewall V: 10.3 - SiteAdvisor V: 2.9 - Anti-Spam V: 10.3 - EasyNetwork V: 3.15 - Backup and Restore - V: 3.15

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Manoj_AR
Level 10

Re: Cannot register new Internet Security 2010

Hi Alex,

Please contact our chat support using the below link, we can change the product into your valid e-mail account only by verifying the account records.

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/26/09 7:18 AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If you'd prefer it in Flemish: 

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1043&sg=TS&st=CHAT

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/26/09 7:19 AM
0 Kudos
Alex314
Level 7

Manoj_AR:

I completed a session and all is OK now. Thanks.

Ex_Brit:

Aarrgghhh. There is no such language as Flemish. There is only Dutch.

Nonetheless: I could conduct the session in Dutch allright - no problem. And the issue was set right. Thank you too.

Message was edited by: Alex314 on 11/26/09 7:25 AM

Message was edited by: Alex314 on 11/26/09 7:27 AM
0 Kudos
Manoj_AR
Level 10

Glad to here that issue got fixed Alex.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I stand corrected...it's spoken in Belgium.  Glad it's OK.

0 Kudos
Alex314
Level 7

No no: in Belgium about half of the people speak French and the other half Dutch. A minority speaks German.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Alex314 wrote:

No no: in Belgium about half of the people speak French and the other half Dutch. A minority speaks German.

Well I guess someone should correct Wikipedia then.  I'm from England and have been to the Netherlands many times so I'm fully aware that you speak Dutch.  I was only trying to be correct, perhaps I was being old-fashioned.

0 Kudos
Alex314
Level 7

Officially there is only a Dutch language (and a French language for that matter). But you are right that we commonly speak about the people in Flanders as speaking 'Flemish', as the text in Wikipedia says it is a variety of Dutch, not really a dialect I should say. The Wallonia people also speak a kind of French that differs from the 'official' French. I guess you have the same kind of differences all over England too!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thanks for clarifying that.  Yes, you're right, there are dialects for every area in Britain and even here in Canada where I now live.

0 Kudos