cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shounakgupte
Level 7

Cannot detect internet connection

Hi. I am using Mcafee Total Protection 2009. I have a problem with Mcafee detecting my internet connection. The connection is working fine but Manage Networks shows that I am disconnected from the internet. And I think due to this reason I am not able to update or register my product. When I try to register, it says that no internet connection found.

I am using Windows XP SP3 and a wireless router.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
19 Replies
bua_ako
Level 7

just for troubleshootin

Hi,

Since you are using a wireless connection for the purpose of troubleshooting kindly open your mcafee sofwtare and temporarily disable personal firewall... then try manual update by clicking on the update button on your mcafee security center...

please post back for update... Smiley Happy

hope this helps...
0 Kudos
shounakgupte
Level 7

RE: just for troubleshootin

I have already tried pluging in. Still it shows that I am not connected to the internet.
0 Kudos
bua_ako
Level 7

Hard wired

Hi,

By this (plugging in) i would assume that you have hard wired your computer's connection directly to the modem...

Kindly try disabling your mcafee personal firewall through the mcafee security center

1. open mcafee security center
2. click on computer and files
3. click on configure (above the about button)
4. click on "off" for personal firewall is enabled...
5. then try updating...
0 Kudos
shounakgupte
Level 7

RE: Hard wired

I am still getting the same message "No Internet Connection".

Do I need to register the product before I can update it?
0 Kudos
shounakgupte
Level 7

anyone???
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Let me ask for help, meanwhile you may wish to open a ticket with technical Support Chat, linked at top left of page or in my signature. They can escalate cases on request.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You might want to call Customer Service re: registration and while you are at it ask them to connect you with Tech. Support regarding the connection issue. Meanwhile I will flag this for you.

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 1800 998 887. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 5 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available 24x7
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It just occurred to me. I flagged this issue here but they are bound to ask what make and model # router? Also is is up to date with firmware from the manufacturer's website?
0 Kudos
vinod_r2
Level 11

Did you have another anti-virus earlier?
if yes how was it removed if you removed it?
0 Kudos