cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Downlaod Antivirus

Whenever i try to download antivirus, it starts the download and when it is done it says it was incomplete and that the following was not installed : McAfee Antivirus. I did have a virus, a trojan backdoor, about 2 months ago and i was alerted by the old internet seurity from verizon that i needed to restart my computer. From there i have had some problems and odd hapenings but i eventually downloaded the new verizon internet security. after downloading, it said everything but antivirus was installed. So it came a red alert saying that my computer is at risk and i need to install it. But everytime i got through the process it says it was incomplete at the end to lead me to beleive that something is blocking it from downloading. Alll i need is to run a scan to make sure i still dont have any viruses and to do that i need anti virus. The man of the house says we will have verizon security and verizon only. so dont suggest a new anti virus other than verizon. Thanks and Please get back to me soon

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Cannot Downlaod Antivirus

Hi Strangee,

I have understood your problem, not worry though as i shall try my best to get this fixed. There are couple of questions in my mind related to your computer security issue :

> Do you have any other Antivirus software's installed or did you have any installed earlier.

> You said your computer is infected by Trojan, so there are chances were that Trojan is not letting the antivirus software to install completely / correctly.

> Which is the operating system installed on your computer ( Win Xp, Vista or 7)

> Is your computer up to date. Check this by opening Internet explorer - click tools - click windows update.

> Check if the time / date is correct or not on your computer.

Do get back to me with info to go further.

Message was edited by: Rakesh P on 1/6/11 1:51:24 AM GMT-06:00

Re: Cannot Downlaod Antivirus

Hi,

As I understand from your Post I hope you're using the security program which was provided by your ISP Verizon and Package name is  verizon internet secuirty powerd by McAfee.    If i am right please try this following steps.

Step 1 : Ran Verizon removal tool use the following link to do that Click here

Step 2 : Ran McAfee Removal tool use the following link to do that Click here

Step 3 : Create New windows test account and try download McAfee.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!