cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my dsl modem get a virus

been haveing problems with verizon for a very long time. just paid them morons three hundred dollars and they still havent fixed it. can my dsl modem get a virus.

after i do a clean install of windows and run the updates it runs close to normal. but not perfectly. they told me they were sending a new modem. but i like the one i have so whats up with this bs. the modem has software on it. or firmware i guess theres a diffrence but can it be infected?

i tried replaceing the cable too but its not working.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

RE: Can my dsl modem get a virus

Hi

we are really sorry for the inconvenience. Do you still have the same issue?

No there is very less chance of getting the infection in the modem but there is a possibility of hard ware or driver issue so best suggestion would be checking with ISP regarding the Modem issue

Regards
Bala
0 Kudos

not really haveing the same issues but i was wondering because my isp was down for a short period of time, they sent me a new modem which is a piece of crap, but oh well. i guess they could get viruses though, they would have to rewrite the firmware to access the virus so that is operation on the modem and not benigne.
0 Kudos
BalaSGS
Level 7

Do you have any more issue with McAfee product? If you have please do get back to us

Regards
Bala
0 Kudos

kind of wish it included the mxml parser so you dont get corrupt installs
0 Kudos