Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Artemis question

I have read the stickies on the Artemis file that are posted, and I have a question about them.

I bought a new computer, and installed mcafee first thing. I ran the scan and it came up with 1 artemis trojan quarantine. It is in my c:\\programfiles\cyberlink\powerdvd8\videofilter\

I have read in the sticky that artemis's are not always virus's and you should submit it to mcafee, which I did, successfully. My question is - when(and how) will mcafee respond to tell me if it is or isn't a threat? Since it is a new PC (literally arrived today and taken out of the box) I am assuming it is a false positive, i am scanning with malwarebytes just incase as well. But does anyone know how long (and how) I will be informed of if it is a virus or not?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

RE: Artemis question

If you followed the guidelines correctly (zipped file, no more than 30 files therein, not more than 3mb in total size and password protected using the password infected) they normally auto-respond almost immediately followed by a manual response within 24-48 hours.
0 Kudos