cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windcaller
Level 7

After update, internet is slow

As stated in the title, I get a update and then my internet connection goes very slow or non existent. Can some one please help me? The only work around is to do a system restore to before.

FYI, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee Security Suite 3 days ago but again today, my connection is slow do I had to do a system restore.

Thank you:confused:
0 Kudos
6 Replies
silverhawk
Level 7

RE: After update, internet is slow

just tell us what browser, windows version are you using, and please do check the browser has full access to internet in mcafee's firewall setting...
0 Kudos
Windcaller
Level 7

Thank you for your reply. I am using Windows XP, Firefox version 5.3.2 and yes, the browser setting is for full access in McAfee firewall.
0 Kudos
silverhawk
Level 7

just see whether the thing continues after uninstalling McAfee, two suggestions i want to give you is install McAfee virutual technician, it is a good piece of software to repair McAfee setting and everything, and try to disable siteadvisor if you have installed and than check...try to check your PC with third party threat cleaner along with McAfee like malware bytes...
0 Kudos
Windcaller
Level 7

OK. Sorry to open this again but I am having the same issues again. When McAfee installs certain updates my internet goes very very slow. I have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee a few days ago.

I have to continue to make a system restore point so that when I get these updates and the problem raises it's ugly head, I can go back to having normal internet. Virtual Technician only puts the problem back to the beginning. I've installed and ran Malwarebytes and there are no threats. I would appreciate any help here.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Windcaller
Level 7

Wow...well needless to say I will not be renewing my subscription for McAfee when the time comes.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Windcaller, it's a public holiday in N. America so your best bet is to approach Technical Support Chat (link at top left of the page).

They are open 24/7 and have the ability to connect with your machine to troubleshoot issues and can escalate the problem to higher levels if asked to.

There wont be any technicians coming near the forums for several days I fear.
0 Kudos