Hi..I have bought dell laptop on 17 jan 2010. I am using proxy for internet. But I am not able to activate McAfee. Activation unsuccessful comes as a msg. There is no proxy setting in McAfee window. Plz help me.
Hi Vinod Choudhary,
You cannot have McAfee when you use a proxy for the internet.
To remove you're proxy settings do this:
1. Please open Internet Explorer and click Tools -> Internet options.
2. Please click on Connections tab.
3. Click LAN Settings… and a window named LAN Settings will open.
4. Please uncheck all options and click on Ok.
5. Please close Internet Explorer window.
Vinod – your University’s internet connection may be an secured one that’s the reason you are unable to activate them, if you are using a laptop try to activate them by using a different internet connection.