cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally created a virus?

Jump to solution

58 16 I've seen it happen reasonably often: I write an application in Delphi and when I compile it, the virus-scanner tells me that I've created a virus and then immediately deletes the executable again. It's annoying but reasonable easy to fix by doing a full rebuild, deleting the *.dcu files first and sometimes by simply waiting. It happens with Delphi 6, 7, 2005 and 2007, as far as I know. And Symantec, Kaspersky, McAfee and NOD32 have all been guilty of reporting these false positives. I know it's because Delphi adds timestamps to its DCU files and these timestamps end up in the final executable and apparently appear to be part of some random virus signature. I don't want to disable the virus-scanner, not even for a single folder or file. And I'm not really for a solution, but am wondering about the following: Do these false positives also occur with other compilers? Does it also happen with .NET executables? Do others also notice similar problems with Delphi?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Accidentally created a virus?

Jump to solution

Hello @Roark_puui 

We are sorry to hear that McAfee is blacklisting the executable file. Please follow the instructions in the below McAfee Article that has more info on how to rectify this issue and to whitelist the executable,

How to submit your company's software to be considered for whitelisting

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Jump to solution

You have report to a team within McAfee where they will whitelist your application. I don't have that complete info. Maybe a mod can help you.

Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @Roark_puui 

We are sorry to hear that McAfee is blacklisting the executable file. Please follow the instructions in the below McAfee Article that has more info on how to rectify this issue and to whitelist the executable,

How to submit your company's software to be considered for whitelisting

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community