I have deployed McAfee securityfor SharePoint 2.5 via EPO 4.6 on aSharePoint 2010 Farm with the SharePoint farm admin user. The database is locatedon a SQL cluster the SharePoint Farm admin is on both local admin group.
I didn’t receive any erroron installation, I can see my SP server running with:
Version number: 18.104.22.1680
Last security update check:7/1/2011 4:04:43 AM
Last agent-to-servercommunication: 7/1/2011 4:55:03 AM
Agent to ServerCommunication Interval (every): 1 hour
Policy Enforcement Interval(every): 5 minutes
DNS Name: XXXXXX
IP Address: XXXXXXXX
Port Number: 443
McAfee Security for Microsoft SharePoint
Version number: 2.5.0
Language: English (UnitedStates)
Install Date: 7/1/2011 4:02:37 AM
Created On: 06302011
Install Date: 2011-07-01T07:53:32
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpywareEnterprise
Version number: 8.8.0(22.214.171.1247)
Build date: 1/12/2011
Anti-virus License Type: licensed
Scan engine version(32-bit): 5400.1158
Scan engine version(64-bit): 5400.1158
DAT version: 6393.0000
DAT Created on: 6/30/2011
If I go to the local serverconsole MSMS (Mozilla UI) -> New Scan -> What To scan then try to expandthe All Work Spaces folder I don’t see any result.. and my windows logs reportthe below error:
SQL Database 'XXXX' on SQLServer instance 'XXXXXX\XXXXXXX,1433' not found. Additional error informationfrom SQL Server is included below.
Cannot open database "XXXXXX"requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'XXXXXX\COMPUTERNAME$'.
Why it’s using theCOMPUTER$ account to connect to the database and not the SharePoint farm adminused at the installation?
We have tried to set theaccount again with the command: SetSQLAct.exe /USER= XXXXXXX /PASSWORD=XXXXXXX /DOMAIN=XXXXXX
Then restart the McAfeeservices but no luck still the sameerror.
Anyone have an Idea?
This one got me initially as well.
In my installation, I had to create a local account on the server called with the same name and password as the SQL account. The account also needed to be a member of the "WSS_Admin_WPG" & "IIS_IUSRS" groups.
When setting up the section with the Database Account during the install, use the local account which was previously created. (ie <local_server>\SQLAccount)
Hopefully it should connect.
The other thing to do after install is launch "MSMS Access Control" and add the above account with "Allow Access".
I have tested your solution and unfortunatlely it doesn't event pass the deployement but anyway it's not a manageable solution for us we have over 65 different SharePoint Farms we don't want to manually configure each servers to create local accounts.