Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

ePO tagging password change (SIEM)

Jump to solution

Hi folks, first time in this forum.

I would like to ask a simple question... I am pretty new to McAfee products. I just integrated ePO to SIEM and when I tried to see the 'ePO tagging' it asked for credentials.

I put the ones I have (not admin). Now it is giving me 'Bad Command' or 'Internal Server Error'. I am supposing that it needs to do something that is not permitted for my login credentials, but I cannot find a way to change the one I already put there.

When I go to ePO Tagging, on the ePO device properties, it gives me errors and wont ask for the credentials again. Is there a way to change this?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: ePO tagging password change (SIEM)

Jump to solution

You do need credentials with more than simple user rights in ePO for tagging operations.  If I recall correctly, you need at least "Group Admin" rights.

There are (potentially) 2 different places for ePO credentials.  There are credentials in the ePO device config.  If you select your ePO device in the system tree, and get properties, and select the Connection tab, you'll see where you can enter your DB credentials, as well as UI credentials.  Think of the UI credentials as a set of shared creds that are used by ESM for tagging operations.

You'll also see a checkbox there for "Require User Authentication".  If you select that box, then each user will need to supply their own ePO credentials.  These will be used for operations performed by individual users (the central creds will still be used by ESM for things not performed by ESM). 

You can enter your own user credentials via the "options" menu in the top-right corner.  In that dialog, you'll find a tab for ePO Credentials. 

Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

You do need credentials with more than simple user rights in ePO for tagging operations.  If I recall correctly, you need at least "Group Admin" rights.

There are (potentially) 2 different places for ePO credentials.  There are credentials in the ePO device config.  If you select your ePO device in the system tree, and get properties, and select the Connection tab, you'll see where you can enter your DB credentials, as well as UI credentials.  Think of the UI credentials as a set of shared creds that are used by ESM for tagging operations.

You'll also see a checkbox there for "Require User Authentication".  If you select that box, then each user will need to supply their own ePO credentials.  These will be used for operations performed by individual users (the central creds will still be used by ESM for things not performed by ESM). 

You can enter your own user credentials via the "options" menu in the top-right corner.  In that dialog, you'll find a tab for ePO Credentials. 

Scott

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks Scott for your reply.

So if I got it correctly, if I do not tick the 'Require Authentication' box. When it needs user auth for checking the epo tagging stuff it'll use the same credentials as de UI ?

I'll ask the ePO admins to give necessary rights for it to work without the need of providing credentials.

Thanks!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

You got it.

Scott

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Awesome Scott, thank you very much!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community